General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Ef Shell Modding

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ef Shell Modding

Ef shell + fabrication = confusion.

So I came into posession of an ef shell (honda civic hatchback), for an extremely cheap price.

Granted, you get what you paid for.

My bud and i started taking it apart, only to find no compartment space for a battery. Instead, some fabrication work was done.

Sorry, i'm mistaken.
A LOT of fabrication and wiring work was done. The entire inside is stripped bare, wires everywhere connected to their base. My head is spinning with it. We spent hours trying to solve these damn problems to no avail.

Now I want to start modding, but first this car has to be put back in working order.

Does anyone have a experience with this car?

Also, its running a v4 vtec with 1 turbo (can hold twins, will mod that later on though). Better then a c27a4 with a turbo, or what?

Car is FWD and manual.

Last edited by shiroun; 12-24-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First youll have alot better luck on a civic or honda forum....not sure if you realized your on a fbody/ls1/chevy forum.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by parks450
First youll have alot better luck on a civic or honda forum....not sure if you realized your on a fbody/ls1/chevy forum.
I do realize this but uhm. How should i put this?

A lot of people on honda or civic forums are ricers, or people with minimal originality. I've asked there and gotten the extent of answers being "Straight pipe your car!" "Make it faster!" "cooler colors" etc.

So... asking here where you guys know about fabrication amongst other things seemed smarter.

Let me start easier:

If i have the fabricated battery in the back hooked up to a wire which powers the wire harness, how do i connect the wires to the engine
Old 12-24-2011, 03:52 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very few on here will know or care to help because we don't deal with these types of cars. your better off finding a honda forum, unless your dropping in an lsx....
Old 12-24-2011, 03:55 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Originally Posted by 71novaguy
very few on here will know or care to help because we don't deal with these types of cars. your better off finding a honda forum, unless your dropping in an lsx....
Yep, this is really the wrong place to ask for help with a car like this. People here don't build hondas, so there is a lack of experience and interest.

You should try a honda board for help with this.