Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need opinions on this kit please!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 05:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need opinions on this kit please!

Hey guys. I am in the market for buying a wet kit (spraying 100-150) for my LT1 Camaro. I am on a tight high school budget so I am trying to bargin shop as much as possible. I came accross HSW's Sudden Impact Wet kit
http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/prod...cat=137&page=1

Has anyone used this kit? Since I already have a bottle, I can get this kit for $375. That is a great price and gives me some room to spend the rest of my money of some saftey stuff (heater, controller, etc.).

Also, I was looking at HSW's microedge controller:
http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/product.php?productid=1

Anyone have any experience using this?

Thanks in advance guys.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

That kit is a good kit. HSW makes some pretty good stuff and it is what one of our mods (camscam) is using on his car but its a plate system. Their micro edge is a good controller but you can only use it for their solenoids

There was a thread awhile back that the controller wouldn't fire different solenoids that had a different amp draw. It is rated for 20 amps a stage and some solenoids pull more than that and then the microedge wouldn't fire those other company solenoids.

HSW dropped off of here also as a sponsor and some people have a hard time getting in touch with them. Its really too bad because they made a good product. Just know that if you buy the kit it will be a good kit but you might not be able to get much support if you need help with something if you have a problem with the kit.

Have fun and spray away If you have any issues the guys here are always glad to help.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:39 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love HSW and there products but they don't seem to exist anymore.

They don't answer phones for anyone is what we all hear.

I love my noids and the customer support I got a year and half ago but doubt I will buy anything else from them for the reasons above. Not to mention they aren't a sponsor any more.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, the HSW Microedge is a great controller, but it's just about impossible to get your hands on one. HSW doesn't have them anymore, and they sell quickly when put on the classifieds here.

Talk to HSW about the products you're looking at, see if they're available, see if you can even get in touch with anyone, because me and many others have trouble doing just that.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea thats a shame. In talks with nitrous outlet now about putting together something for me...
Old 12-26-2011, 04:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If you are going with Nitrous Outlet, get their plate kit. It makes your engine bay a whole lot cleaner looking. Their 2 stage plate kit had my SS rolling thru the quarter!