Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some advice? changing over a 95 bird into a 2001 t/a

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 08:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need some advice? changing over a 95 bird into a 2001 t/a

So i have a 2001 ws6 T/A. i just rolled it this past weekend. Windshield frame bent, roof buckled. I found a 95 Firebird, my question is, will the k-member be the same, as in bolting on my 01 kmember onto the 95 cab. i want to take all my good parts and just instal them onto this 95 body. Is there any difference that wont work turning this 95 cab into a 2001. is the radiator support different. i know the apperance is different on the headlight doors and fenders. but will it be an easy conversion? so the final result is i bolt on all my car onto this 95 cab. will it work?
Old 01-01-2012, 11:22 AM
12 Second Club

It can be done but As far as resale its not worth it. If its just for you then go for it. The K-member and all that will bolt right on to the 95. The only thing you have to worry about a little is the wiring unless you tranfer ALL of it over. Like the harness inside dash and all that. Im not so good with all the wiring info so id look for more info on that but everything else should be ok.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Staging Lane

thanks man, i have read some other threads last night that say the same thing. it will be alot of work for me. but that T/A is my baby. so it will be worth it. thanks again
Old 01-01-2012, 11:55 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah it's sooo easy. you can literally unbolt the k-member and strut towers then roll it out from one car to the next. Then like said above the wiring must be made to fit or you'll need to transfer all the wiring from the 01. If you don't have the tuning ability you'll need to send the pcm out to get vats removed and a few other things but if you transfer everything including gas tank and fuel lines it'll need nothing.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you havn't bought the '95 yet, you may want to hold out for a '98-'02 V-6 Firebird. Bet they can be had on the cheap, and with afew exterior peices you can end up with something exactly like your rolled t/a.

btw, I stripped my '94 camaro all the way down to the frame like you will have too, and the only issue I ran into was the rear end hardware. I had to cut EVERY SINGLE BOLT to get mine removed from the suspension and chassis. Have some cutting tools handy.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Staging Lane

I'm kind of interested on how you actually rolled it. But I do agree that you should try to hold out for a newer firebird rather than a 95