Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no crank no start

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default no crank no start

I have a 2001 TA. Yesterday I was coming home and noticed that my drivers side window sounded loose. I got home, took the door panel off, tightened the bolts that were loose, put it back together, went to start my car back up and nothing. Took the door panel back off, checked wiring and connections just for the heck of it and everything is normal. When I turn the key to start I can hear relays and everything under the hood clicking on but the starter is not clicking. I checked all the fuses and relays and they are fine, swapped out ignition and starter fuses and relays to eliminate and still nothing. Started with the basics, pulled the starter relay off and checked voltage of the 4 points, 1 is always hot, 2 goes to the nuetral safety, 3 goes to the bcm and 4 to ther starter. With a person in the car turning the key to start I have power at the always hot point, the bcm point and the neutral safety point but not at the starter point. When I jump power from the always hot point to the starter point with the key in the on position, the car starts. Checked for codes with snap on solus and get a 1626 code of antitheft system fuel enable circuit. One other thing that I shoud mention is that lately I have been having some issues where my radio cuts off randomly and at the same time my windows have no power which I have ssen before as a known bcm issue. The bcm does have a starter enable relay built in but I have never heard of a case where the bcm itself has caused the ta to not start but I guess it is possible. Anyway going through alldata and snap on trouble shooting will take days of labor to go through all of the random possiblities that could be causing this issue and I was just curious if anyone else has had this issue before?