Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans selection help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 06:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans selection help please

I am doing an LQ9 swap into my Ventura (nova) and originally had planned to put a ZF6 out of a '96 C4 in it, but the costs to use this trans are high. I want to go auto now and was trying to find the best choice as the computer is off to the programmer and he will need to know what I am running soon. What is my best option for a strong trans with a future of a power adder on the motor? Is there a thread concerning this question?

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 74ventura
I am doing an LQ9 swap into my Ventura (nova) and originally had planned to put a ZF6 out of a '96 C4 in it, but the costs to use this trans are high. I want to go auto now and was trying to find the best choice as the computer is off to the programmer and he will need to know what I am running soon. What is my best option for a strong trans with a future of a power adder on the motor? Is there a thread concerning this question?

Thanks!
It will require alittle fab work to mount, but you can't got wrong with a 4L-80E. You get overdrive, great gear ratios, and with just a matched converter handle all the n/a LS power you can throw at it. Wanna go power adder, np. Alot of vendors on this site will claim their rebuild kits will handle over 1,000 hp.

Here's the best part, it's easy to find a good used one for a swap at about the same money a good used 4L-60E goes for.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 300 Likes on 226 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Put a 80 in it.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:13 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Allright, Thanks. 80 it is.

Quick Reply: Trans selection help please