Sponsored by:

VSS Signal info pls: Audi RSS6 swap help

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VSS Signal info pls: Audi RSS6 swap help

Hi All,

My LS1 into Audi RS6 swap is very close to completion, I actually drove it for the first time yesterday

Of the few things left to resolve, a major one is getting a VSS signal into the GM PCM.

The Audi VSS sensor is a hall sensor that reads 4 magnets on teh trans output shaft. I dont have a scope so I have not yet been able to determine exactly what the signal is, it is a 2 wire sensor.

My question is this, What is the GM PCM expecting to see for a signal? There are 2 wires in the VSS sensor harness provided by Jon at PSI but I have no Idea what each wire is expecting to see. I presume it is some sort of digital +/- 5v pulse but beyond that I am guessing.

Does anyone know?

Thx

Timmmy

Heres the project http://www.motorgeek.com/viewtopic.p...9901&start=425
Old 01-09-2012, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm not sure of the answer to You're specific question but I have seen the answer in the conversions and hybrids section of this forum ls1, ls2, ls3, ls6 ,,,,,,,,,etc
Old 01-09-2012, 07:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I work on VW and audi junk What year and trans i will see if i can scope one out and screen shot it for you

Rob
Old 01-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98blueSScamaro
I work on VW and audi junk What year and trans i will see if i can scope one out and screen shot it for you

Rob
Hi Rob, that would be cool if you can. I am searching the forum here for more info based on Chrisfrosts feedback (thx Chris)

The transmission is an Audi 01E 6spd, the particular one I am using is from a European TDI hwoever that is not important, basically any 5 or 6spd 01E should work as they all have the same VSS ouput as long as they have the 2 wire sensor , some had 3 wire.

1995-6 URS4
2000 and up B5 S4 (V6 biturbo)

Thanks

Timmmy
Old 01-09-2012, 08:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by timmmy
Hi Rob, that would be cool if you can. I am searching the forum here for more info based on Chrisfrosts feedback (thx Chris)

The transmission is an Audi 01E 6spd, the particular one I am using is from a European TDI hwoever that is not important, basically any 5 or 6spd 01E should work as they all have the same VSS ouput as long as they have the 2 wire sensor , some had 3 wire.

1995-6 URS4
2000 and up B5 S4 (V6 biturbo)

Thanks

Timmmy
I will check are lot and rack one and scope it. Also i will hit up my buddy and V.O.A volkswagen of america) teacher and see if he has screen shots of it on the dvom as well. This is a very well done swap you did here. Making me think about doing it as well.

Rob
Old 01-10-2012, 03:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Timmy,

I have a Porsche 914/LS1/01E that's nearly finished. To provide the PCM with a known correct signal, I simply added a GM VSS and reluctor to my passenger side transaxle output flange adapter (since I'm using 911 axles/CV's). I've retained my Audi VSS to signal my Porsche speedo, though I frankly haven't verified that it works yet (NH Speedo here in SoCal said it would).

Andy1

Quick Reply: VSS Signal info pls: Audi RSS6 swap help