Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0128 randomly pops up.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 10:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default P0128 randomly pops up.

So the thermostat code just comes on with no reasoning behind it, is there a solution? It is a 160 thermostat, is there something I should look at in EFI Live in regards to this?

It isn't a daily occurrence, it popped today but last time it popped was over a month ago, at least then it was cold outside (on my drive to PA) but today I am in FL and it isn't cold by any means. Just a little head scratcher.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just delete the code. One day ill add in the tables that would allow you to set the threshold lower..

One thing to note though, Depending on what you have your fan settings set to, you will have to adjust your closed loop stuff and coolant tables to work better for those settings. AS usually they are targeting 176 and higher temps to be working.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:01 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

never seen this on a GM before, interesting.

On the HEMIs we see it constantly, from people in cooler climates. Simple enough to change the thresholds for setting the code, as Jesse mentioned.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oops! I kind of posted this and forgot about it. By delete the code, you mean I can permanently shut that one off?

Of course its been a bit warmer so I haven't had it again since I posted this. As for never been seen on a GM I've seen it about 4 times now over the last two years.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
never seen this on a GM before, interesting.

On the HEMIs we see it constantly, from people in cooler climates. Simple enough to change the thresholds for setting the code, as Jesse mentioned.
Well, I guess you can make it 2 GMs. Just installed on my 2007 C6 LS2, diablotune, 160 stat, Vararam CAI. Now, with cool air temps (60F) I am getting the P0128. It will reset through the Predator U7194, but in a few miles (minutes) it will return. It is not overheating. If it is as simple as you say, can it be done via the U7194? If not can you set the threshold via a customized tune? Anxiously awaiting your assistance.

Quick Reply: P0128 randomly pops up.