Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SSRA = better MPG

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 08:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SSRA = better MPG

hmm...after flogging the hell out of the car after the SSRA install (to see if it was worth $200), it still got 18.07 MPG which was what it was at before SSRA and normal driving with little bursts here and there (18-19 mpg). this is my daily commuter convertible that i drive calmly (got a much faster mustang for taking care of business).

i was expecting 15-16 MPG..... it's gonna rain the next 3 days, so i should see better MPG due to having to drive like grandma.

there is a definite increase in throttle response and a little seat-of-the-pants action even at low speeds. more noticeable at higher speeds. nothing spectacular. install was easy. removing the stock air deflectors was the toughest part. SSRA scoops wouldn't attach tightly until i tightened the air lid up top ....which secured the top of the SSRA tightly and the bottom went in with 1 try (they should put this in the directions). and put a piece of cardboard next to the a/c condensor to protect it during fiddling w/SSRA.

car is not lowered, so the scoop looks safe from curbs...the stock plastic deflector/protector hangs lower then the SSRA scoop. the bottom should be made out of flexible plastic rather than this hard-easy to break stuff....

Quick Reply: SSRA = better MPG