Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

First month with the Formy, and boom goes the Head gasket lol

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 01:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First month with the Formy, and boom goes the Head gasket lol

Hey guys and gals, my name is David, I'm a Clemson/ York Tech student.
I've been using this site forever and figure its about time I make an account instead of bummin off all y'all from google with no input lol

I have a late 1994 Formula Firebird so I'll mostly be here for the LT1 side of things.

I bought my formy after a long time of wanting one, been running into problems ever since lol i replaced the water pump, drive seal, optispark, crank seal, and installed a racetronix/walbro 255lph fuel pump kit with the hotwire mod. There are several things that have been done before i bought it like an airfoil, and random little tinkerings here and there. also, i found out while replacing the fuel pump that the idiot that had it before me decided to bypass the fuel pump relay and plug the existing fuel pump power source into one of the fuses under the dash, so now the FP is always running with a 12V power supply....ugh....

and to make matters better, the head gasket is blown.. but what better excuse for a h/c swap? LE1 226/232 package, so that should be a fun little adventure

So to start things off, would y'all recommend a new 52mm TB or run a port job on my stock one? I know that the intake is already 52mm so I'm guessing that saving the additional 350+ bucks for a new holley would be un wise?

Thanks for the warm welcome I've had so far
David

p.s. this isn't the first lt1 in my family so i'm not a complete noob but I'm definitely not library of knowledge yet
Old 01-30-2012, 01:28 AM
Teching In

[IMG][/IMG]

That's mine to the right, my buddy's 5.0 and my brothers daily driver v6 on the left. He's on here as blakez28.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:32 AM
Teching In

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-30-2012, 01:32 AM
Teching In

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-05-2012, 11:27 PM
TECH Regular

Heads/Cam time FTMFW

Porting the stock one is adequate for a heads/cam stock cubed LT1, but if you have the money why not go 58mm.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...t-results.html