Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Oddest street race experience...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 09:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oddest street race experience...

So I was driving home from out of town Sunday afternoon and noticed a Grand Prix beside me revving his engine trying to get me to race (I'm in my Z28). Well theres a truck about 7-8 car lengths ahead, so we couldn't really go anyways... he keeps nodding and revving so I finally say ok whatever, drop it in 3rd and leave him, he stays behind my rear bumper but I short shifted into 4th and let off because of traffic...

Ok real story starts now... This guy in the silver grand prix and his buddies in two other cars follow me probably 4-5 miles to MY HOUSE and park behind me blocking me in my driveway so I'm thinking, ok we're about to throw down or I'm getting jumped or something. Well GXP guy rolls his window down and it's him and his son so I get some relief and he just starts asking me about my car. Followed me all the way to my driveway to ask me questions and talk. So weird. Sorry it's not some crazy kill story, just had to share. Anyone else had people follow them home after a race?? Apparently his car "was cammed but his trans was slipping real bad". He also said he thought I had a lt1 so he wanted to run cause he could take down or stay with an lt1 car he said. Then he "saw my front end and skinny wheels and got nervous" lol. If anyone of you people were in the three cars that followed me home GTFin here! haha
Old 01-30-2012, 09:53 AM
Teching In

That is sketchy as ****
Old 01-30-2012, 09:53 AM
TECH Regular

Ya thats a little strange, I think it would have pissed me off that he went to my house! Last thing I want is some wack job that has this much intrest in my car knows were its parked at night.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:55 AM
TECH Regular

Keep an eye out man, just in case!
Old 01-30-2012, 10:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah that's kinda how I felt about it too. I mean he was an alright guy once we started talking... but yeah, sketchy. Just some local guys cruising around I guess. We had amazing weather here on sunday. In the low 60's at the end of January...haha
Old 01-30-2012, 10:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

I had a guy follow me to work one afternoon. We were cruising through town and he through a rev, so I revved back. He pulled in behind me and followed me to work. I parked my car and got out and he rolled his window down and aske of I wanted to race him right then. I said no and pointed to the building I was walking into and the uniform I was wearing. He didn't seem to understand that I was going into work and didn't have time to go race him.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah these are reasons I don't leave my numbers on my windshield from the track anymore. Had a jacked up truck full of rednecks honking at me in a McD's drive through in centerton one night at 11:30 wantin to know "wuts it run??? wutcha got in thar?"
Old 01-30-2012, 10:31 AM
TECH Resident

Update your garage!
Old 01-30-2012, 10:31 AM
On The Tree

That is why I drive past my house if I suspect someone is following me
Old 01-30-2012, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

I had some people in the past follow me home after blowing their doors off since all of my cars are quiet and look stock. Still nerve racking though
Old 01-30-2012, 11:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sujomatt
Update your garage!
haha, garage updated! It's not too exciting though
Old 01-30-2012, 11:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys need to chill out, it's no big deal, I've had it done to me numerous times and have done it myself. Heck, me and my brother drove through a housing complex by his house looking for a GTO that we both had seen around town just so we could talk to him. Went up to his door and knocked too. Ended up with him showing his car to me and him going to a few GTO meets with us. Still got his number, along with 3 or 4 other guys numbers that came about similarly. Two of them tracked me down, one followed me home. Maybe it's just a GTO comraderie thing, but no one is ever surprised by it that I've seen (except for the guys wife when she answered the door).
Old 01-30-2012, 11:32 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats not too bad really, but I wouldn't follow someone to their home. Ive chatted with people in parking lots and stop lights and things. Pulled over and chatted with a guy a ran here and there.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:52 AM
TECH Regular

Ya I would not follow someone home, I have drove around my town when I have seen some cars around just to see if there out in the drive way. But to follow someone to there house IDK.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Following someone home, no way, following someone to a parking lot or something I've done before.

When I think someones following me near my house Ill hook a couple back roads and lose em lol
Old 01-30-2012, 01:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

part I left out on the following them home thing: I think every time I've followed someone home was when there had been some kinda communication beforehand, not just stalking someone home out of the blue.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if I get the idea that somenoe's following me I'll pass right by my house and go back out and go to the store where there's always tons of people.

I only had this happen one time.. but I was sorta the follower. Back in 03 or so I was in my silverado, and long story short.. I couldn't get around a volvo I didn't know was there.. so I had to get over between him and a semi before I ran off the road because the jerk wouldn't let me over. In frustration I reved it one time which got me close to his bumper, then backed off. I followed him for like 15 miles.. or so he thought.I was actually going home and he just so happened to be going my direction. About 3/4 of the way home he pulls over and like 4 of his buddies get out and start yelling at me as I drive on. Idiots..
Old 01-30-2012, 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah you always want to get a mental picture of a guy's plate in that sort of situation imo. Don't let your guard down, or you may be walking.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:36 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I raced a Challenger once on the highway, then when he took the same exit as me and started taking the same turns I had that "Ahh **** I hope hes not a cop" feeling.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:29 PM
Staging Lane

Thats seems too creepy, if i ever have some one follow me i would pull of to the next parking lot/strip mall and see whats they want. Vice versa if I wanted to talk i would get their attention and signal to pull in somewhere.