Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Guys that have stood up the griffin radiator,what temp t stat?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 03:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Guys that have stood up the griffin radiator,what temp t stat?

Ive been running a 160 t stat for ever and a couple years ago i installed a large griffin radiator and stood it up for turbo clearance. This is the same one that everyone here runs. What t stat are you guys using, 160 or 190?
I was thinking that maybe the 190 would allow more time for the coolant to cool off in the radiator and actually help it run cooler when the ac is on.

What do you think?

Alex
Old 01-30-2012, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not 100% sure, since I run a blow thru carb setup without any sensor feedback to any sort of electronics, but for a late model/ecu system, the low temp. feedback info. to the ecu will indicate a cold engine, and change your injector output to richen the mixture.
There's probably more to this story.
Someone with real experience with this will hopefully chime in.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hafjag
I'm not 100% sure, since I run a blow thru carb setup without any sensor feedback to any sort of electronics, but for a late model/ecu system, the low temp. feedback info. to the ecu will indicate a cold engine, and change your injector output to richen the mixture.
There's probably more to this story.
Someone with real experience with this will hopefully chime in.
That is easily tune out
Old 01-30-2012, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SPRAYED 01
Ive been running a 160 t stat for ever and a couple years ago i installed a large griffin radiator and stood it up for turbo clearance. This is the same one that everyone here runs. What t stat are you guys using, 160 or 190?
I was thinking that maybe the 190 would allow more time for the coolant to cool off in the radiator and actually help it run cooler when the ac is on.

What do you think?

Alex
160 you want to keep turbo motors running as cool as possible , the whole slowing the coolent down / keeping it in the radiator is a old wives tale , for best cooling you want good / high flow for maximum delta t efficiency

Quick Reply: Guys that have stood up the griffin radiator,what temp t stat?