Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Lost Please Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost Please Help!!!

Ok I have a 2000 trans am I changed my fuel pump an fuel filter recently an when it's time to start da car I hear da pump cutting on by when I go to da fuel rails to see if da motor is getting gas none shots out, so the car won't start cause it's not getting gas. Can some one please help!!!
Old 02-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Teching In

I disconnected da fuel line with da filter still on an turned da key an gas is coming thru da line still so I know da pump an filter works but still no fuel to da fuel rails. I have no bent line either.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:58 AM
TECH Resident

please stop the da.

when you say you have no fuel at the rails...do you have the schrader valve pushed in or something to see if fuel comes out when you run the pump? Have you tried just starting the car, or are you just trying to see fuel squirt out of the rails?

if you have the new pump installed and plumbed along with the pump running when the ignition is turned on, unless you have something blocking the fuel I don't know what is going on. You will have air in the lines after first swapping the fuel pump, so I suggest trying to start the car a few times