Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Those with Billet grilles come in!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 10:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Those with Billet grilles come in!!

I just got my stull billet grille in and after I pulled the stock grille out I noticed that the front end where the stock grille was is painted body color (silver).

On the instructions is says to just spray paint it black. Now did you guys just spray paint it yourselves or did you take it to a body shop and have them do it?

Thanks
Old 03-20-2004, 12:35 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I sprayed mine myself. Just masked off the front bumper and painted the back side flat black. (Of course I sanded it down, primed, then painted).
Old 03-20-2004, 12:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Rice Eater 316
I just got my stull billet grille in and after I pulled the stock grille out I noticed that the front end where the stock grille was is painted body color (silver).

On the instructions is says to just spray paint it black. Now did you guys just spray paint it yourselves or did you take it to a body shop and have them do it?

Thanks
Rice Eater:
You can do it your self. Here's how.

Use masking tape to outline the area you wish to paint. I painted about 1/2 in. out from the back surface. Use #600 or #800 paper. Sand until the masked area is completely dull. The notches where the old grill mounted are the hardest to do. Wipe sanded area with prep-sol or tac rag. I covered my whole front end with newspaper. Then spray with Black semi-Flat Krylon.
I orginally used gloss black paint to help ward off the bugs here in Florida,but as the bugs splattered between the bars of the grill. I had to remove the grill and repaint, so I just resprayed with the semi-flat and I think it looks much better. Good Luck ! !
Old 03-20-2004, 02:06 PM
11 Second Club

I just took a wide roll of black electrical tape and put over the painted portion of the grill, behind the stull grill. It looks great.
Old 03-20-2004, 10:51 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks for replies guys, I didn't even think about sanding *doh*

Also do you just screw it into the bumper cover???

Thanks
Old 03-20-2004, 11:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

first mount it (yes just screw it in) to see where you need to paint then mask that area off and sand then clean, you can use flat black spray paint! it'll look great!

Quick Reply: Those with Billet grilles come in!!