Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Looking for a trustworthy Exhaust & Suspension Tech

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 08:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a trustworthy Exhaust & Suspension Tech

Hello all,

I am looking to find someone who is trustworthy to diagnose my exhaust issues as well as suspension issues that I have with my 2000 T/A WS.6.

Exhaust:
Somewhere, it rattles periodically. It drives me freggin' crazy! I had a catback suspension welded on and after that is when the problem started. I have had it up on a rack and running to see if i could find the rattle but was unsuccessful.

Suspension:

I believe somewhere in my front suspension there is a bent part. Could be anything, I dont know?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you check where the exhaust goes over the rearend? That would be my guess as there in not much room there.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:58 PM
Teching In

I sure did. IMO everything feels solid.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:19 AM
Launching!

My car used to rub at the bend were it goes over the Axle and at the top member of the Pan Hard. Sometimes the ends of the O2 sensors rattle too. A little high temp Gasket sealer does the trick.

suspension wise its impossible to tell. Maybe take some pictures. Whats does it do? what would you say it feels like. Cant exactly say simply by knowing "there is something bent."
Old 02-16-2012, 09:52 PM
Teching In

At high speed (Above 55mph+) the steering wheel vibrates and there is low sound.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:04 PM
On The Tree

Check your alignment. Wheels out of alignment can make noise and transfer the vibration to the steering wheel.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:09 PM
11 Second Club

Have your front tires balanced. Getting a vibration in the steering wheel at 55mph is associated with counterbalanced or unbalanced tires. Even take a pic of your front tires and post a pic on here. The tread on your tires could be wearing abnormally or are choppy and is causing the issue.

As far as the exhaust putting the car on a rack and letting it run WONT help. That lets the suspension droop whereas on the ground the suspension is loaded and the exhaust might be rubbing on the axle like some other people have stated already. Its best to put the car on jackstands on the rear axle and front lower control arms and checking, or squeezing under the car while its on the ground and looking.

Quick Reply: Looking for a trustworthy Exhaust & Suspension Tech