Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to site and have many questions about lq9 swap into 72' Impala

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 04:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to site and have many questions about lq9 swap into 72' Impala

Hi, I'm in Louisiana (Between B.R. and N.O.) and I have a chance to get a LQ9 out a 05' Ecalade with 35k miles. I want to put it into my 72' 2Dr. Impala. My uncle has a old retired buddy who has the Motor, Trans, wire harness, computer..etc!!!

My uncle isn't sure if its a 4l60 or 4l80, but he says everything is stock out the Esky.

i have been reading for a while and I know what I want to do, but need the expertise of you all!!! I hate spending money twice, but I also like the best bang for my buck..LOL!!! Car will be use for weekend cruising and red light to red light racing if someone looks at me crazy

LQ9

L92 Heads (ARP Head Bolts, ARP Stainless Intake Bolts, and L92 offset rocker arms.)

L76 Intake--(90mm cable driven throttle body, 4 bolt style--Looking for one!!!)

CAm-273LR HR12 with 223/231 duration and .610/.617 lift on a 112 LSA (Think I might want something a lil more radical. I want it to rap to me while its idleing!!!!!) Give me pointers!!!!!
I think I need Injector Pigtails so I can convert to the USCAR/EV6 connectors that the LS3 injectors have???????? Where can I find?

What transmission 4l60 or 4l80?? what size stall?

I have also read about changing the location of the altenator and etc. What brackets do I need, where can I get them, and how much???

If I'm forgetting anything please add your .2 cents and give suggestions on where to buy accessories i may need!!!
Attached Thumbnails New to site and have many questions about lq9 swap into 72' Impala-0000.jpg   New to site and have many questions about lq9 swap into 72' Impala-imag0579.jpg  

Last edited by nuttkaze; 02-15-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:28 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Considering the power and weight of the car, I would recommend the 4L80E.

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'

Quick Reply: New to site and have many questions about lq9 swap into 72' Impala