Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Auto body folks in here... Filling holes after body kit removal...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 12:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Auto body folks in here... Filling holes after body kit removal...

Since my car didn't come with them from the factory I don't have as many holes as most do, but I do have a few in each bumper, and one on the rocker panel. What would be the best product to fill them with? I am no auto body guy, but I have common sense and have painted a few cars with friends, and done a lot of other types of similar work. What would be the best product to fill rocker panel hole with? Bumper holes? I can't imagine taking it to a body shop and getting raped but I am a firm believer that if you know what it is supposed to look like, you can do it. So would I need to repaint the entire rocker panel? Or just touch it up? How about holes in bumpers? Any insight is very much appreciated.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go with a two part adhesive such as this: http://www.masterbond.com/products/t...FUjd4AodLntXTg

This is the easiest way of filling in the holes on the rocker panels and bumpers. As far as painting goes it would be best to scuff down the panels and respray them. The bumpers can be sprayed without blending but it doesn't hurt either.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:38 PM
TECH Resident

I will look into that. Anyone else have any input?
Old 02-18-2012, 08:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Subscribed. Not to thread jack but I had the whole rs kit and want to fill in the holes from the spoiler on the quarter panel. How should I fill those in
Old 02-19-2012, 03:42 PM
TECH Resident

Waiting for more input. On the bumpers, i think I am going to pull them off, cut an X into each hole, not completely through the urethane, bout half way... Then fill from the back and sand from the front. The rocker panels wil be a lot different lol

Quick Reply: Auto body folks in here... Filling holes after body kit removal...