Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

GF's TA vs c5 highway

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 02:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GF's TA vs c5 highway

So im on my way back to San Marcos on the highway doing 80 and minding my own business when a bright blue c5 drives up behind me pretty fast. I let him over and get behind him as he takes the fast lane. Eventually we break through of traffic and i pull over in the right lane as i hear him hit it.

I rev matched and dropped it to fourth and pulled back the gap he had on me and put about a car on him till we had to shut it down at 115-120ish. His front bumper was at my back bumper by the end of the pull.

I tried to pull up to him and get another run but traffic started to come up and he wanted to weave in and out of traffic at 95 and i don't do that ****....

Anyway, plenty pleased we finally got all the kinks out of the '99. The car has lid, catback, and a tune on it.

Last edited by arioch; 02-19-2012 at 03:48 PM. Reason: EDIT: forgot it also just got a Monster stage 1 put in
Old 02-19-2012, 02:44 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

must be a strong running lid,tune,catback car
Old 02-19-2012, 02:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

runs pretty well with the tune, brian at Eckart performance here in cedar park is awesome. He got an additional 12 rwhp and 8 torque over a previous tune i had on the cam car.

Oh the C5 HAD to be stock, different exhaust tips but i cant see the GF's car taking anything but a bone stock c5
Old 02-19-2012, 04:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Hey you are not far. Want to run the TA vs some 5.0's? You can bring hers and yours. Next sunday at Little River dragway. We will have a couple stock ones and a couple tune only plus a couple SC ones. Well if buddy gets his blower on there will be two SC ones.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hmmm never heard of little river dragway, ill googlemaps it. i've always gone down to San Antonio Raceway but havent been in a while.

You guys up there alot? Would love to meet up with some tech members instead of just hitting up the drag by ourselves.

Unfortunately ive got to go BACK to houston again next weekend for my fathers big 60th birthday, after next weekend ill be more free tho
Old 02-19-2012, 07:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by arioch
hmmm never heard of little river dragway, ill googlemaps it. i've always gone down to San Antonio Raceway but havent been in a while.

You guys up there alot? Would love to meet up with some tech members instead of just hitting up the drag by ourselves.

Unfortunately ive got to go BACK to houston again next weekend for my fathers big 60th birthday, after next weekend ill be more free tho
Little river or Temple Academy is its name. You will here it called both. Some buddies went to SAR last night I think. Not sure if it was raining there (SA) liek was here. They had Vettes and Camaro's though. I will be out town till sunday then headed to Temple for track on sunday. They open at 10am and close at 5 or 6. Start racing at 1.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:04 PM

Good kill! The C5's seem to vary quite a bit in performance. Some seem exceptionally fast and some seem slower than stock fbodies.