Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil leak and I can't see where it's coming from..

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 01:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil leak and I can't see where it's coming from..

It's dripping from the corner of my oil pan and transmission.. When I wiped everything clean again the leak looks like its coming from somewhere up by the flywheel but I can be wrong.. I'm hoping it's not the rear main seal.. My mechanic recommended me to pull the intake an make sure my valley bolts are tight but from the looks of these drips I believe it's coming from something else and not from behind the intake.. Any suggestions? Does the ls1 transmission have a removable flywheel / torque convertor cover like the lt1 4l60e?
Old 03-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd pull the plug on top of your oil pressure sensor at the back of intake and see if there is oil present. It is a common problem for the inside/top of the sensor/sender to perferate(get a hole in it) and can leak profusely. Mine covered the transmission and pan, blew oil a couple of feet back on the driveshaft.
Hope thats what ails you, cause it's an easy fix, just need a 16point socket to remove it($5 at NAPA).

Quick Reply: Oil leak and I can't see where it's coming from..