Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Duals,Headers,Ls6,painted stuff..ect LOTS OF PICS

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duals,Headers,Ls6,painted stuff..ect LOTS OF PICS

Breakdown.... I had pacesetters, tsp tds,motor mounts, ls6, pp throttle body, Torque arm, panhard rod, and strut tower brace finally all installed.
Man..it feels like a beast comparably to how it felt..I can tell I picked up hp without a doubt, especially up top.. The duals sound amazing, I've had LM and Flowmaster and I will never consider a y- setup ever again..Not a hint of rasp... It's the best "loud" I've heard, honestly it still could be a tad louder but it's awesome..I had them ran under the axle and didn't sacrifice clearence at all. I think I might of lost 1/2 inch..they tuck up really nice. It feels and sounds twice as good as it did..
I also removed my air/egr so I took the time to clean, paint my tb, maf, lid, and ls6. It might look alittle ricey but it'll work for now. By all means this is not a show car (yet) but aleast when I pop the hood you can see what is what. All the black on black shows all the dust and dirt and never looks clean.
Theirs a few before and afters in the pics. I will post a vid, but my computer will not recongnize my video camera and it's been pissing me off all day.
Also labor wise: $650 for removal and installing headers, motor mounts, Ta, Ph rod, strut brace.
$112 (which I couldn't beleive) for tsp/under axle install.
I sold my flowmaster for 100$ and my cats/stock ta, and manifolds for 100$ so I made out way better than planned....
http://pix.kg/p/654519516311%3A1167134687/scl
Old 02-22-2012, 04:27 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what mufflers did you go with, having them ran out back keeps them toned down a lol,i telleveryone once you go duals you will never go back,labor cost wasnt to bad, and trust me once you get a cam in there your exhaust will be twice as loud, add heads it get louder lol

i dont think the paint looks ricey at all, nice work man,
Old 02-22-2012, 04:43 PM
Trunion King

Red wire looms EVERYWHERE. lol. If it makes you happy that's all it matters.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sweet thunders.. I was kinda hoping it would keep the open header idle and wot tone. Of course it didn't but it's still sounds awesome...
Yeah red loom everywhere... It might be overkill, I wanted to give it some color but yeah I agree..I don't know if I like it or not... I might take it out, idk yet...To the ls1 eye it will look ricey, but where I'm from it looks like a million bucks..hahaha...
Old 02-22-2012, 05:12 PM
On The Tree

It odes look like a lot, but to each their own; I'd do it with black loom, and maybe just do some of it in red. Got a video/recording of the headers?
Old 02-22-2012, 11:32 PM
Launching!

Ditch the red looms.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:48 PM
TECH Regular

paint them the same color as you did the intake or get black ones. intake is sick
Old 02-23-2012, 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looks good except for all that red wire loom, where'd you get the head plate cover a TB plaque?
Old 02-23-2012, 07:39 AM
Staging Lane

I kind of like the red loom, definitely makes the engine bay pop! What paint did you use on the manifold man? Looks like it has some flakes in it.... Or is that just my shitty eye sight?lol
Old 02-23-2012, 07:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^Emblem Pros for the head plate, battery cover, and ls6 plate. Their nice because you can customize any/all the lettering.

Other than that, I'm at the point where I cannot wait to stall this thing.

Originally Posted by jb451
I kind of like the red loom, definitely makes the engine bay pop! What paint did you use on the manifold man? Looks like it has some flakes in it.... Or is that just my shitty eye sight?lol
Black metal metalic for the ls6, lid.
Siver metal metalic for the maf, TB.
It looks really good when the sun hits it.

Last edited by justin hover; 02-23-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it looks awesome! i like the red wire looms tho lol..wish i could find the time to do all this detailing. good job
Old 02-23-2012, 09:03 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Actually, I don't think the red loom looks like overkill at all. I think it's all pretty tasteful... great jon on the paint. Looks flawless.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ahh maybe I'll keep it then..IDK.. What was important to me red loom or not was the before/after. Like I said it's no show car by any means. Everytime I would pop the hood it looked like ****, and was embarassing comparably to the rest of the car. You can't distinguish anything, everything ties into something else, and black on black shows nothing but dust/dirt, after cleaning it looks just as bad a week later. After I do the wire hide mod next year it'll of course look better. I just couldn't clean all the old black loom.
The engine bay is what it is, 60$ and a few hrs of elbow grease was worth it. I appreciate any positive/negative replies, some will like it, some will not. What's more important to me is all the other added performance. Specifically headers/duals..man oh man..
Old 02-23-2012, 11:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pictures look good OP! Intake turned out nice and everything else as well.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by justin hover
Ahh maybe I'll keep it then..IDK.. What was important to me red loom or not was the before/after. Like I said it's no show car by any means. Everytime I would pop the hood it looked like ****, and was embarassing comparably to the rest of the car. You can't distinguish anything, everything ties into something else, and black on black shows nothing but dust/dirt, after cleaning it looks just as bad a week later. After I do the wire hide mod next year it'll of course look better. I just couldn't clean all the old black loom.
The engine bay is what it is, 60$ and a few hrs of elbow grease was worth it. I appreciate any positive/negative replies, some will like it, some will not. What's more important to me is all the other added performance. Specifically headers/duals..man oh man..
Man, there is nothing RICE about what you did, that engine bay looks clean and the hardwork you put in was worth it IMO. I would have that done in a heartbeat if I could. Nice work and not bad with the dual set up either. Might give under the axle a try. Not keen on paying $1500 for a kooks when you can just fab up some SS pipe to the TD's, especially if you didnt lose out on the clearance. Nice work.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:49 AM
Teching In

Looks better than before that's what counts. It's gotta feel like a whole different ride with all those bolt-ons done all at once. Your suspension looks pretty beefy as well. How is the before and after? Performance/Sound/and Handling?
Old 02-24-2012, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by super99ta
Looks better than before that's what counts. It's gotta feel like a whole different ride with all those bolt-ons done all at once. Your suspension looks pretty beefy as well. How is the before and after? Performance/Sound/and Handling?
It feels powerfull, pulls really hard all around..I can really feel the difference in the gas pedal. Before it seems like I gave it gas... but I could almost "feel" the restriction. Now I give it gas and it just powers through the whole rpm range comparably to before. Wot or close to wot is amazing before and after...huge difference.

Soundwise...awesome.. especially coming from lm and flowmaster.. It is the cleanest, crisp, nascar roarrr their is...What really set me on duals was this huge car show we have in michigan.. Lots of f-bodys... And damm near everyone their including non-participating cars are running duals. The last couple years I went it's alway's REV fest and my LM and flowmaster just couldn't hang with those guy's with the duals and it got to me.. They truly are the BEST loud hands down.

Handling...it's definetly a straight line driver...Feels like a drag car..(even though it's my dd) Very solid..hardly any movement under hard accel....I love how it feels....My friend has an 01 Ta m6 and with pretty much stock suspension and holy **** what a difference. I can just feel the sway, or the up down side to side movement...dips in breaking or accel...As I added to my suspension I got used to it...Drive or ride in another without suspension and your quickly reminded what suspension does. In this is just with a couple suspension componets
Old 02-24-2012, 03:43 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not a fan of the loom, but it doesn't look as bad as some that I've seen. If you don't mind it, then it's not anything that actually detracts from the car.

My only other suggestion would be to get the crud off of the power steering reservoir.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks nice, man. I'm with demonspeed on the the colored loom. Its not something I would do, but it goes well with your theme. Kudos to that. Job well done.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:55 AM
Teching In

I bet it does feel better than before. I can't wait to get headers+duals. All the threads I've read on duals....no one has regrets....