Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance design intake

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 07:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Performance design intake

Wondering if anybody has any knowledge about the new performance design cross ram intakes, which apparently are still under development.http://performancedesignllc.com/xr/ Osmo has something similar.
Been wanting for years now to build my own intake that I,ve had pictured in my head, this is the closest thing to it. Mine will probably be polished alumimum & cross back into 1 throttle body opening.Also will be going on just a stock ls1.
As I posted previously, been trying to collect knowledge to get my dimensions to something that would be a safe bet for streetable power. Figure the fast lsxrt runner sizing, with a little extra length would be good for my runners, just need to figure plenum sizing & shape. Figure a little smaller than the performance design plenum would be close.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

that intake looks like it would be overkill for most setups. am i wrong? ill bet its expensive as **** too.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:00 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
that intake looks like it would be overkill for most setups. am i wrong? ill bet its expensive as **** too.
to me it looks just like the internal shot of the FAST LSXRT that was posted up not too long ago.. just slapped dual intake tubes and TB's on it instead of the fast shell and single TB... If it performs like the LSXRT.. well yeah.. it's a monster lol Also doesn't the carbon fiber construction mean nearly NO heat soak? O_O
Old 02-23-2012, 09:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

As far as design itself, consider it similar in function to the fast truck intake, except with a more external design & twin LARGE plenums. As proven by people such as Tomy Mamo, minus vehicle fittment issues, the straight shot runners are a superior design & NOT overkill for even a stock engine. The basic layout is nothing new, it,s just not common for obvious reasons, fit & $$.
Here are a few pics to help vizualize what I,m trying to design. The top view will be similar to the supra picture. Like I previously posted, most of the point of all this effort is for something visually different, but to at LEAST not loose power& hopefully gain some. My biggest obstacle in design right now is a lack of solid info about plenum sizing.

Quick Reply: Performance design intake