Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Root Charger

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Root Charger

I bought myself answap F body 00 Camaro with an LS1 engine that has 116k miles on it. Im in the process of rebuilding it because I've been thinking of running it with a root supercharger with intercooler. I heard its a complex setup but that its worth it. Any advice? Has any of you guys run this setup? Any info is appreciated. BTW names Martin.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you can buy a Magnacharger kit for that... I can't remember who sells it though. The kit has a built in charge cooler.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh. Thnx. I really wanted to go with a root style charger. I've never messed with forced induction so im having a friend help me if I do decide to charge it. Do you have any supercharged cars. Ive heard its a bit straining to the engine to super charge as the charger is parasitic.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I say go for it. If you can rebuild an engine you can certainly handle the install and fab that it will take to get the maggie to work on the camaro. Dont expect it to all fall into place but it certainly wont kill you trying to make it all fit.

There have been a handful of maggie builds on here. Depending on what you want out of the car a procharger may be more of what you want.

Tell us what you want HP wise, what your plans are for the car, how and where you will be driving it, etc. and we can give some better info on what you are wanting to find out.