Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

longtube and cam

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 08:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default longtube and cam

Hey guys i have a 00 ss and its virtually stock , but i want to put a set of longtube headers on it that arnt a pain in the *** to set up, i was looking to either kooks longtubes or pacesetter, but im not sure if they come with the kits to put them together easier. And i would like to put a decent cam in while the motor is out, but i dont want to go with a crazy *** cam.
Just like a little bit more then a mild cam cuz i dont want to blow my tranny or rear cuz they r stock. what do you guys think?
Old 02-29-2012, 08:56 AM
Teching In

i could really use some help guys
Old 02-29-2012, 09:15 AM
TECH Regular

TSP 1 7/8".. Stainless steele, velocity spike almost half the price of kooks. Fitment.. I can't speak for their newest run with the velocity spike, but the ones I put in slipped in amazingly well. Only had to take off the oil filter, drain plug, steering knuckle and starter no motor mount bs or anything like that. (In all honesty they went in easier than the stock manifolds came out)
Old 02-29-2012, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

BBK, Pacesetter, or TSP all budget headers with good reviews. I'm not sure what you mean by"kit" to put them together easier seeing that they are 1 unit. If your pulling the motor their should be nothing more than just bolting them in. If you are pulling the motor, you might as well put new motor mounts in.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:06 AM
Teching In

alright thanks, but the motor doesnt have to get pulled right ? then ill look at bbk or pacesetter
Old 03-02-2012, 10:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Motor can be left in place for the header install, but as you explore more threads here You'll find how people have to lift or get the front end of the car pretty high off the ground.

Cam can be done with it in place also, but review LS1HowTo.com for a good install instructions.

I had a friend with an undercarriage frame lift. So we simply lifted the body off the front end & did the cam/headers/converter all right there on the ground in front of us.

Read, Research, & Read some more, ...

Edit: http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=23