Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

NEED HELP!! Twin turbo 70 chevelle build

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 03:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP!! Twin turbo 70 chevelle build

hey, everybody. this is my first go with a ls style motor and fuel injection. i purchased a 2004 5.3 takeout motor with the harness and computer. stuff i already have purchased is the ls1 intake, ls6 cam, and springs. i already had a brand new e bay twin turbo set up that Ive had for 3 years and have finally decided to use it on this project. im looking for a couple things such as the gas pedal and tach box and wiring for the drive by wire. i also need the intake bolts for the ls1 intake and im just planning on flipping the truck manifolds but they didn't come with the 3 bolt flange was wondering if anyone had a pair of flanges with a short peace of pipe that they've cut off? I'm going to modify the truck harness I also bought the current performance SA-1000 fuse and relay panel to wire in(but may have questions on that later) I also have the Autokraft oil pan and pick up. If anybody has the pedal and harness or anything else please pm me a price shipped to 66431 thanks a bunch guys Josh
Old 02-28-2012, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wouldn't mess with the drive by wire. It is a pain. My engine was a drive by wire and we converted the pcm and harness for throttle cable. Since you are modifying the harness anyways that might be a better option.

As far as the 3 bolt flange for the exhaust. I also flipped my manifolds. I just went back to where I purchased the complete engine from and asked them if they could cut off about 6" pipe and the flanges from the exhaust. They did no charge.

Good call on the Autokraft pan. I used the H3 pan and it sits too low.

Good luck, you will love it when finished. I just finished up mine about two weeks ago and just put over a 1000 miles on it today.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:55 AM
Teching In

Thanks I actually bought this motor from a buddy of mine who bought it for his truck and ended up not needing it. I hope to have this on the road late summer. Car is actually at the body shop now getting all pretty Astro blue with white strips. I was hoping to have the motor back together bye the time I got the car back but who knows I think the hard part is going to be the wiring harness.

Quick Reply: NEED HELP!! Twin turbo 70 chevelle build