Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Boost referenced regulator question

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 07:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Boost referenced regulator question

What is the correct way to set the base pressure that is used for the IFR? I thought I had it setup right, but I'm not so sure now after reading a few threads.

I wanted 58psi as the base pressure since that's what I have the IFR set at for the 80lbers. That's what I see at idle, but since it's boost referenced, shouldn't it be lower at a vacuum?

I'm not sure if my fuel pump is going or my regulator is just bad. There is quite a bit of fluctuation in the fuel pressure if you blip the throttle. My car stumbles when you blip the throttle, and this was my first thought to do some research on the setup. I already replaced the plugs and gapped them at .029.

I'm going to wire it so that I can log the fuel pressure through hp tuners to see exactly what it's doing. But as of right now, I'd like to get the this straightened out.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not sure so im in, but when i did mine on my GTO, i used a a PCV checkvalve inline so that my regulator only saw boost. Base pressure was at 59ish and increased per lb of boost like it should.

Whether this is right or not i dont know, but it worked, lol
Old 03-04-2012, 08:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JAX04
Im not sure so im in, but when i did mine on my GTO, i used a a PCV checkvalve inline so that my regulator only saw boost. Base pressure was at 59ish and increased per lb of boost like it should.

Whether this is right or not i dont know, but it worked, lol
Any pics of this installed?

I just got my fuel pressure regulator for my gto. But I'm on stock rails. Im still searching on how to install it on the stock rails
Old 03-04-2012, 08:34 AM
TECH Veteran

I wasnt on stock rails, i used the Summit Rails that MM uses/used. If i were doing on stock rails, im not really sure how i would do it.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

With the stock rail you can attach it to where the Schrader valve is. It's a -4 connection.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Launching!

You need to disconnect the ref line and plug it. Set your base fuel pressure to whatever you would like, then connect the ref line back to the regulator. The fuel pressure is jumping around when you blip the throttle because the regulator is adjusting the fuel pressure for vacuum as well. The ref line pressure should be at atmospheric when you set your base pressure that way vacuum lowers the pressure, and boost raises it. All the regulator is doing is keeping the pressure differential between the injector inlet and outlet the same.

Quick Reply: Boost referenced regulator question