Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rod & Main Bearings

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rod & Main Bearings

Should i get a specific brand or does it really matter. I'm on a budget build and not looking to spend extra money if not necessary. Found some on eBay for $100. ill be going back with standard size. While i'm hear could anybody explain to me the what the differences in sizes Like (.001 .010) has to do with anything??
Old 03-05-2012, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Mahle Clevite is the brand i have been using and installing. They make different series of bearing based on your application (P,H and i think there are a few others but i have only used the P & the H series.). the numbers you are referring to are in reference the clearances of the bearings... Those numbers are extremely important. Definitely want to do your research and measure everything properly. if your unsure of your measurements or don't have the proper tools to take the measurements then take your block, crank, and rods to your machinist and have him measure and order you the proper bearings
Old 03-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Staging Lane

Well I plan on going back with the stock size. there's nothing wrong with mine now Just 2 of them have a little wear but I might as well put in new ones while I got the motor out.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Staging Lane

make sure you dont have any scratches on your crank and you should measure you crank journal bearing surface diameters to properly size the bearings as 3rd coast stated. I used mahle H series in my build.