LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Diablosport Predator questions. 06MonteSS requested.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 11:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Diablosport Predator questions. 06MonteSS requested.

So I am looking at getting a tuner. I can get the predator for about $250 on ebay. So what features am I missing out on by getting the old one vs the trinity or the intune? 06MonteSS?
Old 03-08-2012, 07:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This first quote is from 06MonteSS in a thread I just searched regarding the predator vs the trinity . Keep in Mind TCM support has since came out for the Trinity and it will NOT come out for the predator as its now the old guy and support has stopped.

"Hey there...

The Trinity has more features, better data logging, and will get updates in the future, such as tcm/transmission support, and also an update that will allow you to tune more than one vehicle at a time with it...

predator's will not be getting any of those updates...

the predator will not be getting any new functionality updates in the future like the trinity will... the predator's are memory/storage space limited... they're all done and will be phased out in the future...

if you do get the predator, you will also have to buy the pc interface kit for it - which is the usb/serial cable and power adapter, so that you can connect the predator to your windows pc in order to download recorded data logs, and import/export tune files for custom tuning.

The Trinity comes with everything you need, so no need to buy anything additional.

Tune wise, they have the same tunes in them... except for when the Trinity gets the tcm/tranny update - then the trinity will be able to make changes to the transmissions settings as well, but the predator will not. Plus there are a couple more parameters available in the newer tune file format with the trinity for custom tuning than there is in the older file format from the predator."

This next one is a quote from 06MonteSS regarding the Intune Vs the Trinity

"The trinity has a couple more features, and has tcm/tranny support now.... and it's better for data recording and monitoring, since it has a windshield mount like a gps...

the inTune will get tcm support in a future update... it does not monitor data - only records logs, yes you can see the data as it's recording, but not as easily... plus, no mount - so you'd need to hold it or put it on the seat next to you or something... does not monitor/display data like the trinity does - you have to record in order to see any data...

I have both, and once the inTune beta testing was done and final release updates were put out, I went back to using my trinity again, because it has tcm/tranny support for the car, and it's easier to monitor and log data with.

tune wise, they're both the same - same tunes in both... and if you got the package deal and got my custom tune, then they'd be the same tune for either one anyway
"
Old 03-08-2012, 01:45 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

correct... what hazards said ^ ^ ^ ^

haha, thx man, saved me some typing lol

and with your 2005 gxp man, it's a hit or miss if the predator has support for your engine calibration ID or not.. if it does, then you'd be fine.. if it does not, then you're SOL - because there will be no new updates for the predator to add support for it... plus, buying from ebay, if you get it and it's locked, then you'd need to contact diablosport and pay $129 to get it unlocked/reset...

with the Trinity, it should be supported once you do all the updates to it... and if it's still not, then you can just post up your original backup file on diablo's forum and let them know, and they will add support for it in a new trinity update....

and if you want to get the Trinity, let me know.. I sell 'em and I offer a package deal for it plus my custom tuning at a reduced cost, so you'd save money...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com