Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upcoming H/C swap, need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upcoming H/C swap, need help

I'm slowly getting parts ready for a head/cam swap near the end of May and have a few questions.

I have a pair of AFR 205cc heads, the previous owner said they had been milled and the combustion chamber came in at 64cc's, he said he then milled it another .014 but didn't remeasure the chambers. Anyone have any idea what it could be?

I want to get a 57-58cc chamber so I'm going to take it to a shop and have it measured and milled if need be, my concern now is the pushrods. How do I figure out the correct length pushrod if the heads have been milled and using a .040 head gasket?

I'm getting a custom grind cam from Pat G, that is once I get all the information together for his cam build sheet, one of the things is the combustion chamber size.

I've considered sending the heads to Tony Mamo at AFR to have them 'mamofied', does anyone know how much he charges, just a general price? And do you know if he/they can clean and mill the heads as well?

Thanks,

C.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

You need a pushrod checker. http://www.texas-speed.com/p-275-com...h-checker.aspx