LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

05 gxp aftermarket headunit help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 01:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 gxp aftermarket headunit help!!!

Hello, i am installing an app radio in my 05 gxp replacing the mp3 disc monsoon stocker(the older version of the radio closer to the look of the ones in the grand ams) car has onstar. so i took the os2 onstar/bose pac module that was previoisly hooked up to a crappy freeway doubledin out of my 03 silverado bose/NO onstar. cut the module off the freeway headunit and soldered the pioneer app radio harness to the pac module and ran all ipod/gps/mic/ect wires connected it up with a relay parking brake by/pass but used a lenth of speaker wire for the ground on it(not sure if thats the issue) but now when i turn it all on the deck works great all the relays trip when they should and with the "volume adjuster" on the pac module not affecting the volume i turn the deck right up to 40 and its very quiet and slieghtly staticy through all speakers the power conect/amp trigger is hooked up properly i just CAN't figure it out!!!all conections seem to be proper! also tried reseting the deck nothing!

thanks, sorry for the novel..any idea's?