LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

"dead" pedal issue...

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 10:20 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default "dead" pedal issue...

I changed the oil the the car today... also tightened up some tranny pan screws on the back half that appeared/felt loose... checked 'em because the rear of the pan looked "wet"... not soaking/dripping wet, but wet by the fact that you could see where some dust on the pan was darker than the rest... and I crept back some more and noticed some traces of pink fluid... the front half of the pan screws were tight... the back half were not - was able to get about another half to full turn on them....

anyway, so that was taken care of (I hope), and I did a mobil 1 oil and filter change as normal...

started up the car, backed it out... let it idle for a bit... then revved it a couple times... revved it again up to about 4000... let it come back down to idle... waited about a 15-20 seconds and went to rev/bump it a little, and the pedal was "dead"... in park and neutral, I could put the pedal to the floor, and the engine never revved at all... I put it in gear, and I could drive fine... put it back into neutral or park, and nothing...

so, I turned the car off, then started it back up... I could rev it fine... revved it up, came back down to idle... revved it a little higher to about 4000rpm, let it come back down to idle... tried it again in about 15-20 seconds, and nothing - pedal was "dead" again... again, the car drove/moved fine if I put it in gear... but in park or neutral, nothing... I could hold the pedal to the floor and rpms didn't move...

I was able to reproduce this at least 4 times, and had the same results....

and, no trouble codes or check engine light at all...

anyone else ever experience this or have any ideas what the hell is up with that???

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com