Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS swapped Mustangs with stock K members?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 04:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS swapped Mustangs with stock K members?

Looking for some pictures, or information of guys who have put a LSX in a SN95 Mustang using a stock K member? I need to use a stock one due to the "rules" that are being enforced. Using tubular K member is no good for me, although, it would make it a hell of a lot easier.

Thanks,

Josh
Old 03-16-2012, 09:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

i have a tubular but its a 5.0 one. all i did was buy block plates off ebay and then bolted them on the motor, bolted some 1/4'' x 2'' to the k-member and used some 1 1/2'' square tubing for the "stands"
Old 03-16-2012, 11:01 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

which stock k member are you trying to use? you could probably get by w/ a modified 96+ 4.6 setup. I know I've seen guys hack up the stock ones before and get it to work, headers are a bit trickier but there are shorties on ebay now for the swap....
Old 03-17-2012, 03:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bigbadblack93z
which stock k member are you trying to use? you could probably get by w/ a modified 96+ 4.6 setup. I know I've seen guys hack up the stock ones before and get it to work, headers are a bit trickier but there are shorties on ebay now for the swap....
I am looking at the 99+ SN95's. I have done a LSX swap into a 240sx before, so I am familiar with having to cut and mod the sub frame, make mounts, headers, etc.

I want to build a 99+ mustang this time around, and I would like to do it without cutting into the stock sub frame, if at all possible? I Know with the 240's, the only way to do that is to get a custom made oil pan.

So, I thought I would see if anybody has done the swap with a stock sub frame? I cant imagine anybody would, as the aftermarket tube frames are pretty damn cheap (cost wise), so there isn't much motivation for somebody to keep a stock sub frame, unless their racing class rules call for it.

Quick Reply: LS swapped Mustangs with stock K members?