Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

some questions concerning paint mantainence

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 07:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some questions concerning paint mantainence

ok ive done several searches, but i still havent found exactly what I am looking for..first thing is i have swirl marks on my car but i think its because i havent been washing with the best materials. anyway what can i do to get the marks out..what buffer should i get and where would be the cheapest place to get it?? what wax and polish will get the marks out?? price isnt an issue here. also is it safe for me to use a buffer even if ive never used one? also where is a good place to get GOOD applicator pads, etc. also any tips from the pros would be nice.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out properautocare.com for "high-end" detailing products. Most people seem to use the Porter-Cable model 7424 orbital buffer. Menzerna Intensive Polish and Final Polish II seem to be very popular polishes. You could shoot a PM to SuperBuick...he is a detailing guru...
Old 03-23-2004, 07:44 PM
Launching!

If price isn't an issue than have it done by a professional......Once you get that done than go the Zaino route.....Its the best out and the results are phenomonal...I got the whole kit from Zaino and i couldn't believe the results.....Buffing a car hard to do, and you can easily burn through the paint....Thats why i say have it done by a pro
Old 03-23-2004, 08:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well when i said price wouldnt be an issue i meant as far as buying stuff like zaino(if its really worth it)..as far as getting a pro to do it i dont know if i would have the funds..how much would that cost??
Old 03-23-2004, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

A REALLY GREAT product to help maintain your finish between waxing is Eagle 1 Wax as U Dry. That stuff really works - just feel the car after applying it as opposed to just washing and drying. It also makes the dirt come off easier next time you wash it.
Old 03-24-2004, 09:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Getting a pro to do it is silly.

With the right tools and some time you can do it yourself with ABSOLUTELY NO RISK of screwing your paint up. Again - 0 RISK OF DAMAGE.

Get yourself a porter Cable 7424 polisher and the menzerna Intenzive + Final polishes, follow the directions at : http://www.properautocare.com/usporcabpol.html And you will be amazed at your results. Zaino and other finishing products aren't going to do anything if you haven't properly polished the car first. You can eliminate all your swirls in one fell swoop, glaze and seal up the car, and with proper washing technique you won't have to polish again for a while. There is no sense in applying products that temporarily fill swirls when with a little time and effort you can completely remove them.

If you'd like some more detail after having read through the articles at properautocare then shoot me a PM or head over to Autopia.org and sniff around.

Sounds like a little paint polishing is just what your car is needing.

-Tom

Quick Reply: some questions concerning paint mantainence