Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need Monsoon speakers! PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Need Monsoon speakers! PLEASE!

I am having problems with my monsoon system.. as it seems most people do.. But i need the 2 speakers by the back seats.. they both blew and now my front right speaker keeps cutting in and out.. I am not sure if my amp is going bad or not, but my bass cuts in and out.. and now it is out most of the time.. and when i try to turn up the volume on my steering wheel it hesitates for like 3 seconds or so then turns up(but that only happens once in a while) What is going on with my stock system? Can anyone help me out by getting me the 2-back seat speakers and a possible new amp?
Old 03-24-2004, 07:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The volume control problem sounds like your steering wheel controls are crapping out (when that happns try the **** and see what happens...)

As for the speakers theres 2 posts above about improved replacements, check em out..
Old 03-24-2004, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well i tried it on my monsoon receiver too and the volume thing still did that.. so i am not sure if it is a junk receiver or what.. it does it once in a while though... so maybe its some kind of short? Or do you think it is possible that a bad amp could effect something like that? Thanks for your help
Old 03-24-2004, 06:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RollinSScamaro
Well i tried it on my monsoon receiver too and the volume thing still did that.. so i am not sure if it is a junk receiver or what.. it does it once in a while though... so maybe its some kind of short? Or do you think it is possible that a bad amp could effect something like that? Thanks for your help
naa nothin to do with the amp, sounds like your headunit is crapping out.....
Old 03-24-2004, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

well thats too bad... monsoon receivers seem sort of expensive.. and i don't really want to buy an aftermarket one too much.. but do you think that would be the best thing to do? i am wiring up a system really soon too.. soo i dunno what would be the smart thing to do.. Thanks for the reply though
Old 03-24-2004, 07:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RollinSScamaro
well thats too bad... monsoon receivers seem sort of expensive.. and i don't really want to buy an aftermarket one too much.. but do you think that would be the best thing to do? i am wiring up a system really soon too.. soo i dunno what would be the smart thing to do.. Thanks for the reply though
EBAY!!
Old 03-24-2004, 10:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the speakerrs from the monsoon, shoot me a pm with an offer
I have the back ones, and the front ones as well as the middle ones.