Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

New swap over fuel problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 09:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New swap over fuel problem

Guys I'm hoping to get help with a problem I've been banging my head against the wall on. I installed a DBC 2002 5.3L into a 95 silverado, with a 0411 ECM programmed with all of the usual stuff removed. I was excited when it ran on the first start but shortly realized that it was running extremely rich and the more the motor warmed up the worst it would start to run. I turned it off and now it won't restart. If I try and start it with the injector fuse in, then remove it the motor will run until the the leftover gas is gone. So I thought too much fuel pressure right? I then replaced the S10 style 3100 return line fuel filter/regulator with a new one, checked the fuel pressure and it was 62psi. I thought that maybe to much pressure so I replaced the filter/regulator again with one from napa, check the pressure and it had 65psi. Still not able to get it running so I swapped back to the original filter/regulator which has 60psi. The only other possible problem I could come up with was maybe an injector stuck open. I flipped over the fuel rail and pressurized the fuel line, no leaking injectors.

Anyone have any ideas?? I'm stuck....is 60psi to much fuel pressure?

Thx!
Old 03-21-2012, 10:54 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

60psi is not to much. You really need to scan your data parameters to see whats going on. Sounds to me that your rich running condition could be caused by something as simple as a bad temp sensor or poor connection somewhere.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thx, I'm having the tuner look at it tomorrow. We will see what we can find out