Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

!AIR now smell...

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 10:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !AIR now smell...

I'm not sure if the two are related, but I finally disconnected and removed my AIR pump on Sunday (I had the rest of the system out over 2 months ago) andn yesterday I started getting a sort of burning smell from my car. I can't smell it while the car is moving, but when I come to a light it gets pretty heavy in the car. I popped the hood, no strong smell, nothing overhot or burning; engine temp gauge is normal. Anyone have this same issue?
Old 03-24-2004, 11:13 AM
Teching In

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Simp
I'm not sure if the two are related, but I finally disconnected and removed my AIR pump on Sunday (I had the rest of the system out over 2 months ago) andn yesterday I started getting a sort of burning smell from my car. I can't smell it while the car is moving, but when I come to a light it gets pretty heavy in the car. I popped the hood, no strong smell, nothing overhot or burning; engine temp gauge is normal. Anyone have this same issue?
What kind of burning smell is it? Is it an electrical smell? An exhaust smell? An unburned gas smell? Something alone that line of questioning. The air pump helps with the exiting of the exhaust gas ( i think ) along with other things. You might be smelling exhaust from a hose that was connected somewhere at the exhaust pipeing.

-Mastronardi

Old 03-24-2004, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

I honestly can't tell what kind of smell it is. It's not gas, it's not electrical (like an electric motor burned out) I can tell that much. What makes no sense is my entire AIR system has been out for 2 months, with the exception of the pump, and I'm just now smelling somethin. I duct taped the thing that plugged into the pump, could it still be sending power there? It wouldn't have a circuit would it? Any help would be great