Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Newb from Buffalo

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb from Buffalo

I say kind sorta because its my 3rd vette... I say newb because its my first c5 and my first manual.

1st: 1985 white on red, targa. It had always been a dream of mine to own a vette (just like dad). I was 23 and in my glory. Paid $6200 for it, put another $6000 into it to keep it going, kept it 3 years. Sold it for $5500. What a money pit.

2nd: 1994 white on red, targa. I thought a motorcycle was the way to go, i quickly decided I wanted my vette back. Bought this one, kept it one summer.

3rd: (Current) 2001 Z06 black on black, frc, built. When I was a kid the Z06 seemed untouchable... Got a little more than I bargained for with this one. Built motor, local expert estimates its pushing 485+hp, will dyno this summer to find out. Blast to drive.

I love fast cars, and old american muscle, but I'm not a "car guy". I came across you guys from the recommendations of a few other guys i know. Thought it would be a lot of fun to learn about this car i just bought and possibly find some cool people to meet up with.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to the site bro! love to see pix of your car and hell if you have any of the other vettes that you had would be cool as well.