Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sponsers and other proflo haters step in

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 11:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sponsers and other proflo haters step in

There are many posts where people ask about the pro Flo intake. Not many independent tests because you have to mod the cowl and lose the wipers to them them in 4th Gen. That understandable. What really ticks me off is that in the proflo threads a sponsor will jump in and basically will say " these proflo intakes suck *** and make horrible power below 5-6k, buy the 1500 fast set up from me". I swear FAST must whole sale their intake for 300 bucks to sponsers the way they cram it down our throats.

I've even pm'd the sponsers asking for the results and dyno sheets they have on the proflo and I just get ignored.

So are any of the sponsers actually going to step up and provide proof of their claims that's the proflo sucks? I'd call them out but I'm on my phone.

Just for the record, I'm not part of edlebrock nor do I even own any of their products. Just another car guy who wants to see claims backed up by proven results.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Try one for yourself
Old 04-02-2012, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just wish someone would make an intake to compete with the fast intakes. Great looking pieces and i know they perform but you can spend 1500 dollars in a much better way on are cars. For 1500 you can cam your car or even cover most of the cost of a heads and cam swap. now i know most people put these on after aheads and cam swap but like i said 1500 for an extra 15-20 horse power is kinda retarded and even the used ones aren't cheap.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I looked into the pro-flo when it was first out, still not many dyno tests. It,s mainly meant for conversions like mine where room is no issue. Built partly for looks(can be polished) & as a cheaper alternative to a sheetmetal intake. Best for bigger higher rpm engines that won,t need or miss the low end anyways.And turbos. I think it has it's cool factor & place in the world.
As for me , I,m still going to build my own crossram intake with approx 13" runners & twin plenums.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...gn-intake.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...am-intake.html
It'll take me a while to find time, A little at a time , but I think you can understand why I want to build this.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm going back and forth between a proflo and a Victor jr/elbow set up. Just trying to find some good info before I cut my car up.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Victor jr & elbow also follows the lower rpm torque loss, higher rpm gain/ boost friendly design type. Jr & elbow will fit easier, the straight shot design of the xt would yield more power & looks cooler.Air is lazy & doesn,t like turns.
What is your engine setup/ purpose??
As far as street to mild race design , the truck lsxrt fast is probably the top design for retaining torque & making power. It too requires f-body hacking , is expensive & too ugleeeeee for me.

Last edited by jlcustomz; 04-02-2012 at 06:43 PM.