View Full Version : Fuel pressure

5o2slow
04-05-2012, 09:01 AM
What psi should my gauge read and also is it normal for the pressure to drop to 0 psi immediatly after turning the engine off ? Are my injectors bad or leaking ?

5o2slow
04-06-2012, 12:24 PM
T t t

TransamGCS
04-06-2012, 04:39 PM
What psi should my gauge read and also is it normal for the pressure to drop to 0 psi immediatly after turning the engine off ? Are my injectors bad or leaking ?

i believe it should read between 55 and 60 psi. it is a possibility that you have a leaky injector. if you have stock fuel rail you can pull the rail off the manifold with injectors attached and turn the ignition to prime the the system but dont try and turn it over you'll be able to see any fuel leaking out of the injectors. another thing it could be is the pressure regulator which over time leaks and dosnt hold pressure in the lines but usually thats not a big deal as long as the car start rights up. you could also have a leak some where along the hoses and connectors. if you are in doubt about the injectors you can remove them and send them off to be cleaned and test to make sure they are working properly

99fbodyTA
04-06-2012, 07:54 PM
it should pop up to 55-60 when you flip the ignition on and drop to zero when you turn it off

Lonnies Performance
04-07-2012, 09:41 AM
It should not immediately drop to zero when you shut the car off. This is indicative of a leaking injector, a poorly sealing regulator or an internal leak in the tank.