Sponsored by:

'37 Chevrolet ls1/4l60E

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Default '37 Chevrolet ls1/4l60E

Hello everyone,

I'm building a '37 Chevrolet 4 door as a family car for my wife. It has a 5.3 and trans from an '03 Chevrolet silverado.

I'd like to do something a little different with the looks of the engine. First, I've seen guys relocate the coils and use old school valve covers to cover up the actual valve covers. I like the look of this. What I can't find are any pictures of anyone putting an air cleaner on top of the engine to hide the intake. I can find pictures of people who have put carbs on an LS, but no one that seems to have kept the EFI intake (mine is the huge truck one) and put an air cleaner on top just for esthetics sake. I've also been thinking about maybe using one of the huge air cleaners from a 59-60 Cadillac and possibly routing the inlet air tube into the old school air cleaner on top and making it functional.

I'm also wondering about the oil fill tube on the passenger side valve cover. I notice the Fbody cars and Vette engines don't seem to have this oil filler tube at that location. Is there a way to relocate this oil filler tube so it wouldn't interfere with my valve cover?

Here a link to my build if anyone is interested:
http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ge=1&reverse=1

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 04-10-2012, 10:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm going to have to buy a new throttle body anyway and I noticed that there are some out there that offer a throttle body and intake that look more traditional. Will these types of intakes and throttle bodies still provide the same torque and horse power as the original set up?

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 04-10-2012, 10:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont have an answer for you and for that i apologize, but i went through each and every page of your build and all i have to say is awesome job keep up the great work, cant wait to see it done!
Old 04-10-2012, 11:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's Ok, thanks for checking out my page. I'm not a great mechanic so I'm just trying to figure it out as I go.

I just found out that they make old school looking intakes that can mount a stock ls1 throttle body on top of it. I'm trying to find out the prices on those and what it might cost to convert. I have a feeling it would be super expensive.

Brandon

Quick Reply: '37 Chevrolet ls1/4l60E