Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger LS1 and LS3 crank pulley same??

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger LS1 and LS3 crank pulley same??

Hello, I posted a question about this over in the Gen IV external, but not sure who would know.

I have a 2010 Camaro LS3 and also a parting out project LT1 with D1SC... rather than selling the D1SC I want to put it on the LS3. I can make most parts fit i'm sure... except the pullies and maybe the bracket.

I found an LS1 procharger crank pulley but not sure if it will fit an LS3. Is there any real difference? Also, does the LS1 Procharger pulley just add onto the stock LS1/LS3 crank pulley or do I need a whole new crank balancer/pulley?

Thanks for any help!!! Im really hoping to use most of my LT1 kit on the LS3.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost positive that LT1's use a standard rotation headunit. LS engines use a reverse rotation headunit, so this wont work.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by 9silverbird8
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost positive that LT1's use a standard rotation headunit. LS engines use a reverse rotation headunit, so this wont work.

Do the LS3\LS1 installs sit with the intake towards the front of the car? That's the only reason For reverse rotation. That would suck.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:12 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 9silverbird8
You are correct, the LT1 is a standard rotation. Below is ProChargers chart showing which models are standard and which ones are the reverse rotation. Bob

Originally Posted by 10_SS
Do the LS3\LS1 installs sit with the intake towards the front of the car? That's the only reason For reverse rotation. That would suck.

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Quick Reply: Procharger LS1 and LS3 crank pulley same??