PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird tune issue - MAF related? Ridiculously rich...

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 08:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Weird tune issue - MAF related? Ridiculously rich...

Hey guys,

Weird issue with my base tune on my swap car and I wanted to bounce a few things off the forum to see if I haven't thought of anything.

Here's the details...

'08 LY6 with a mild cam LS3 intake and injectors, Lingenfelter 100mm MAF.

For a while it has started right up and run, but has been real fat the whole time. I have a feeling that it has something to do with the MAF as it is a monster without a screen or much of a pipe leading up to it.

Right now though, I am struggling to keep her running or even starting it for that matter. It blackens and wets plugs with gas. Swapped out a new set and it is doing the same thing. I had the initial flash done taking into account the MAF parameters of the Lingenfelter piece but I am concerned it is just not metering properly down low.

I will admit I have not cracked into the PCM tune because I let a friend borrow my laptop with the HPTuners on it and he dropped it so I am SOL right now, but like I said I had a base flash to get her running and she did run...albeit way rich.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 04-18-2012, 05:36 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the base tune in the PCM have the proper tables for the injectors you are using? Do you have a coolant temp sensor hooked to give a signal to the PCM? A quick way to find out how much the MAF is effecting it would be to disable it by unplugging the signal wire and force it into speed density... You need to stop trying to run it until you can get a scan on it and find out what is up - if you are way rich, you might wash the rings trying to run it the way it is...
Old 04-18-2012, 06:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLK02WS6
You need to stop trying to run it until you can get a scan on it and find out what is up - if you are way rich, you might wash the rings trying to run it the way it is...
This is the main reason I have stopped messing with it.

I am also going to take a look at the coolant sensor as well. I purchased a sensor that was supposed to be the correct one but I don't think it is. I will pick up a new coolant sensor today and give that a whirl once I get my HPTuners back up and running.

Dave