Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Partial ARP Head Stud Kit Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 06:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Partial ARP Head Stud Kit Question

When I bought my early LS1 long block a while back I received a set of the long ARP head studs, but no nuts, washers, 4 short studs or the smaller diameter ones.

I called ARP to ask how much it is to order these and they told me to just buy a new set.

I'm not running boost or nitrous, so I don't really need the extra clamping force and I don't want to spend 250+ on new ARP's

Im thinking:
- Buy ebay stud kit and use my ARP's with it
- Just get stock TTY ones and forget the studs

What would you all do?
Old 04-19-2012, 06:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by noskcaj
When I bought my early LS1 long block a while back I received a set of the long ARP head studs, but no nuts, washers, 4 short studs or the smaller diameter ones.

I called ARP to ask how much it is to order these and they told me to just buy a new set.

I'm not running boost or nitrous, so I don't really need the extra clamping force and I don't want to spend 250+ on new ARP's

Im thinking:
- Buy ebay stud kit and use my ARP's with it
- Just get stock TTY ones and forget the studs

What would you all do?
That's odd, I've bought parts piece-meal from them before with no "problem". Try calling Zac at ext 206, you prolly got someone having a bad day:

Zac Kimball
Automotive Racing Products
PH: (805) 339-2200 EXT. 206
Old 04-19-2012, 07:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They were pleasant and everything, just said it would be cheaper to buy a new set than the individual studs, etc. I'm not really sure how some nuts/washers and a few studs could possibly cost over $250 though, even if they are as well engineered as ARP. I was thinking it would be around 100-150 for the parts I'm missing.

Originally Posted by S10xGN
That's odd, I've bought parts piece-meal from them before with no "problem". Try calling Zac at ext 206, you prolly got someone having a bad day:

Zac Kimball
Automotive Racing Products
PH: (805) 339-2200 EXT. 206
Old 04-19-2012, 07:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought 3 studs, 2 washers and 1 nut about this time last year and it was < $20 shipped. However, this was non-metric stuff (Buick V6) which could explain the $$$...

Quick Reply: Partial ARP Head Stud Kit Question