Street Racing & Kill Stories - Where are all the H/C cars?

View Full Version : Where are all the H/C cars?

evangto87
04-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Looking for an N/A car that would like to do some friendly runs. H/C F bodies etc. Nothing too race car like. H/C stock cube cars are preferred. Maybe even some stroker street cars. Anyone out there? I havent been to the dyno in some time. But if i had to guess.... im in the 415-420whp range.

Im in the RI area.

cowboyup
04-22-2012, 06:34 PM
Where do you live?

mesterious
04-22-2012, 06:34 PM
Putting where you're from might help. That is, unless you're talking about internet racing. lol..

evangto87
04-22-2012, 06:37 PM
damn it... i keep forgetting its not on my avatar. Im in RI

BOBS99SS
04-22-2012, 06:43 PM
Nothing too race car like. this made me roll out lol

evangto87
04-22-2012, 06:45 PM
this made me roll out lol

lol well lets face it... there are h/c cars that trap 115.... then there are h/c cars that trap 130 lol.

sweet99ss
04-22-2012, 06:47 PM
I'll internet race you! 12.3@110 at the track and 10 seconds on the street!

evangto87
04-22-2012, 07:31 PM
guess i just got smoked

BigBirdLS1
04-22-2012, 07:51 PM
I'm a H/C car F-body. I'd be your huckleberrry if I was anywhere close to you. I'm wanting to race a new 5.0 sooo bad and a lightly modded Boss would be even better.

BTW if any new 5.0's see this and are in the N. AL area hit me up.

2SSARME
04-22-2012, 08:22 PM
Make sure to spray the 302.

evangto87
04-22-2012, 08:24 PM
so again... any local H/C cars. And thanks for the advice 2SSARME.

2SSARME
04-22-2012, 08:26 PM
so again... any local H/C cars. And thanks for the advice 2SSARME.

No prob. If you need some more tips/advice from a pro street racer just shoot me a PM or something bro. I'm here for you.:usa:

evangto87
04-22-2012, 08:28 PM
No prob. If you need some more tips/advice from a pro street racer just shoot me a PM or something bro. I'm here for you.:usa:

wish i could be a pro street racer.. damn

2SSARME
04-22-2012, 08:54 PM
wish i could be a pro street racer.. damn

It's an art. And takes days of perfection to achieve. Not everyone is capable. But I think if You sign up to my daily news feed you can easily learn some new tips and tricks and become a pro street racer in as little as 31 hours.

LS1rob00
04-22-2012, 09:18 PM
Wish you were out in CA, there's a handful of cars you could run. What would you predict to trap at the track?

evangto87
04-22-2012, 09:33 PM
119-121 depending on track, da, traction, and me

sweet99ss
04-22-2012, 09:41 PM
119-121 depending on track, da, traction, and me

the 2011 cars have really fucked us f-body guys over lol. My 120mph trapping car isn't even that fast now :(

Heater
04-22-2012, 09:48 PM
Too bad you aren't close to the Va. boys.

HioSSilver
04-22-2012, 09:55 PM

For real!

evangto87
04-22-2012, 09:59 PM
i wish... there isnt much around my area anymore.. and the few that are tend to take things too personally or get too competitive

BayAreaSS
04-23-2012, 02:50 AM
I wouldn't mind slapping a boss around lol

evangto87
04-23-2012, 09:52 AM
I wouldn't mind slapping a boss around lol

well drive out to RI

BayAreaSS
04-23-2012, 07:55 PM
well drive out to RI

Thats a long drive for a kill lol. Hopefully you find some action though.

Mach Boy
04-23-2012, 08:28 PM
Nothing too race car like. H/C stock cube cars are preferred. Maybe even some stroker street cars.

You'd better specify what you mean by stock cubes. Some of these guys think that swapping stock parts from higher performance cars means the car is stock.

Jared8
04-23-2012, 08:41 PM
I'll run the boss from a dig!

FlatBlackZ28
04-23-2012, 09:37 PM
You'd better specify what you mean by stock cubes. Some of these guys think that swapping stock parts from higher performance cars means the car is stock.

What parts could you swap onto an LS1 from another LS engine that would change the displacement??? He's already OK with head/cam swaps.

Mach Boy
04-23-2012, 10:12 PM
What parts could you swap onto an LS1 from another LS engine that would change the displacement??? He's already OK with head/cam swaps.

What I meant was, for example, someone swaps an LS7 into an Fbody. Technically, its stock but it's not stock to the car that it is in.

HioSSilver
04-23-2012, 10:14 PM
Yea...stock....I like stock.:chug:

FlatBlackZ28
04-23-2012, 10:33 PM
What I meant was, for example, someone swaps an LS7 into an Fbody. Technically, its stock but it's not stock to the car that it is in.

Ok, I see what you mean now.

No matter what people say, that will never be considered stock. Once a car contains something it didn't from the factory (of the performance genre), it is considered modified. I consider an engine swapped vehicle to be highly modified.

Beastmode89
04-23-2012, 10:46 PM
I would run you if I was closer. I'm running a ls6 cam, ported 241 heads, and a 125 shot

HioSSilver
04-23-2012, 10:55 PM
Ok, I see what you mean now.

No matter what people say, that will never be considered stock. Once a car contains something it didn't from the factory (of the performance genre), it is considered modified. I consider an engine swapped vehicle to be highly modified.

I consider aftermarket heads, cam/s, different internals to be highly modified.....especially when it has ill manners.

Would you consider a 5.7ls f-bod that has had a 4.8 or 5.3 swapped to be highly modified?......I wouldn't. The same goes for if the engine would be larger/more power but stock like drivability.

evangto87
04-23-2012, 11:34 PM
I'll run the boss from a dig!

bringing out the camaro sir?

evangto87
04-23-2012, 11:37 PM
It really doesnt matter to me what i race. Im just looking for a good race. Im not looking to get puppy kicked or do any puppy kicking. If you have a bolt on f body that traps 112.... stay home, if you have a h/c fbody that traps north of 130mph... stay home... it will be a waste for both our parts. Just looking for any friendly N/A cars running in the 120mph trap area. Should be plenty of setups out there able to pull that off. Im also more interested in CONFIRMED trap speeds. Not "my car should be trapping around 120".. because after the last few guys ive raced said that, I put quite the distance on them in a race... If your car legitamately traps in the 120 range, we will have a drivers race. And thats what im looking for. Remember, friendlies only... if its gonna get competitive, i have no interest.

BOBS99SS
04-24-2012, 06:28 AM
same thing around my hood, some people i swear take crap to heart , i always loved racing faster better cars, because when ya lose it pushes ya more to build a better car, then when ya beat that car its just a good feeling , op i hope ya find a decent car to run, just make sure ya get vids,without them a 5.0 thread will go 30 pages instead of 17 lol

zz4camaro1980
04-24-2012, 07:39 AM
How far are you from Hartford? Id be down, but dont really feel like traveling to far... Ive been trying to get some of my co-workers to get together for a few runs, if that happens ill let you know. My co workers have: 2011 5.0, 2012 Challenger R/T, and 2010 Vette.

Oh yeah, my car has never been down the 1/4. But... "my car should be trapping around 120":cheers:

evangto87
04-24-2012, 08:02 AM
How far are you from Hartford? Id be down, but dont really feel like traveling to far... Ive been trying to get some of my co-workers to get together for a few runs, if that happens ill let you know. My co workers have: 2011 5.0, 2012 Challenger R/T, and 2010 Vette.

Oh yeah, my car has never been down the 1/4. But... "my car should be trapping around 120":cheers:

we are about 80 miles apart

FlatBlackZ28
04-24-2012, 08:37 AM
I consider aftermarket heads, cam/s, different internals to be highly modified.....especially when it has ill manners.

Would you consider a 5.7ls f-bod that has had a 4.8 or 5.3 swapped to be highly modified?......I wouldn't. The same goes for if the engine would be larger/more power but stock like drivability.

An engine swap is the ultimate mod. Every single piece under the hood is now foreign to the car. The amount of displacement, street manners and power output is irrelevant. Highly modified signifies how far the car is from it's original condition.

I would consider your car highly modified. You have changed every single part of that original car. Intake, Heads, Cam, Pistons, Rods, Crank, Block, Exhaust from headers back, gears, tires, clutch, suspension etc etc etc. The only stock part left on your car is the body. Looking at your mods list, you changed EVERYTHING. Just because GM made some of your engine parts doesn't make it any less of a modification.

Jared8
04-24-2012, 08:44 AM
bringing out the camaro sir?

Yes cause I know you can't handle the bikes and won't race if there is a chance you'll lose!! I'll run the boss from a stop in the SS. I have nothing to lose!!

evangto87
04-24-2012, 08:45 AM
An engine swap is the ultimate mod. Every single piece under the hood is now foreign to the car. The amount of displacement, street manners and power output is irrelevant. Highly modified signifies how far the car is from it's original condition.

I would consider your car highly modified. You have changed every single part of that original car. Intake, Heads, Cam, Pistons, Rods, Crank, Block, Exhaust from headers back, gears, tires, clutch, suspension etc etc etc. The only stock part left on your car is the body. Looking at your mods list, you changed EVERYTHING. Just because GM made some of your engine parts doesn't make it any less of a modification.

Id have to disagree with this a bit but i see your point. But according to that, if a car is not a numbers matching car, its highly modified.

evangto87
04-24-2012, 08:47 AM
Yes cause I know you can't handle the bikes and won't race if there is a chance you'll lose!! I'll run the boss from a stock in the SS. I have nothing to lose!!

you want to race me on your zx14...We both know i cant beat a zx14. But how that has anything to do with racing a 600, im clueless. Since you say i cant beat a 600... why dont you get on a 600 and race me. And i will GLADLY race the camaro from a stop.

Jared8
04-24-2012, 08:51 AM
you want to race me on your zx14...We both know i cant beat a zx14. But how that has anything to do with racing a 600, im clueless. Since you say i cant beat a 600... why dont you get on a 600 and race me. And i will GLADLY race the camaro from a stop.

How do you know? I can't open it up from a stop it'll flip lol. Anyone can make a mistake and lose a race!!! If it's just for fun like you say then who cares if you lose, we'll both be able to see the difference between the two. I wish I had my old 636. I'm down to try the boss from a stop, of course if it ever decides to stop raining and maybe get above 50 degrees

FlatBlackZ28
04-24-2012, 08:56 AM
Id have to disagree with this a bit but i see your point. But according to that, if a car is not a numbers matching car, its highly modified.

No, not my point at all. If a car blows a head gasket and has to replace the entire head with a stock replacement part, there is no modification. Unless you consider the number stamp on the head to be a modification. In that case, changing the stock oil and oil filter are as much a modification as repairing something that broke. Exact same head, exact same function. HIO, however, doesn't have a stock part anywhere on that car! Maybe the driveshaft! :jest: Other than that, there is a list a mile long of what didn't come on the car and a list 2 to 3 inches long of what did.

Unless someone can name me some significant mechanical parts on HIO's car that are still stock? I can't think of much that he hasn't modified.

Nick V.
04-24-2012, 08:57 AM

:werd: there are a few nasty ones around here. they just like to hide from me
:(
(not racewise since im stock and not many race around here, but i could use a loss to a real car)

Edit, i would also love to see how much dust i would eat from these new 5.0s so ill let you guys know if i run any :D

evangto87
04-24-2012, 09:01 AM
i hear ya. I wish there were some friendlies around here. All have something to prove online

WSsick
04-24-2012, 09:19 AM
lol well lets face it... there are h/c cars that trap 115.... then there are h/c cars that trap 130 lol.

That's just the difference between a good setup and a bad setup. You're just looking for an easy kill. :lol:

If I did that, I'd just say it's just a stock cube with boltons..it's your fault for not asking more questions and doing some looking. :jest: Actually, I'd probably only do that if I didn't like the guy who wanted to race, or wanted to make some money.

evangto87
04-24-2012, 09:23 AM
That's just the difference between a good setup and a bad setup. You're just looking for an easy kill. :lol:

If I did that, I'd just say it's just a stock cube with boltons..it's your fault for not asking more questions and doing some looking. :jest: Actually, I'd probably only do that if I didn't like the guy who wanted to race, or wanted to make some money.

nope... read up earlier in one of my posts. Not looking for a low trapping or high trapping car. Something in the 120 range is what im looking for. Im more interested in a drivers race. Then puppy kicking on either side. If i wanted to get an easy win... id run a local bolt on car. Not interested in that.

PewterScreaminMach
04-24-2012, 10:06 AM

When you gonna run my stock 600? :D

evangto87
04-24-2012, 10:08 AM
When you gonna run my stock 600? :D

Im down haha... even though your jesus behind the fork of a 600 lmao. I might get smoked by this (80s muscle car) 600. Atleast give me the chance to bolt my headers and driveshaft up. Im getting sucked up either way. But maybe i can close the distance after 150mph lol

2SSARME
04-24-2012, 10:16 AM
fucking 9s 302s.....

Nick V.
04-24-2012, 10:18 AM
fucking 9s 302s.....

:jest::jest::jest:

PewterScreaminMach
04-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Im down haha... even though your jesus behind the fork of a 600 lmao. I might get smoked by this (80s muscle car) 600. Atleast give me the chance to bolt my headers and driveshaft up. Im getting sucked up either way. But maybe i can close the distance after 150mph lol

Haha, fine by me with the mods. You know I've got nothing to prove and don't care about winning or losing. I just like fun runs and I'll be meeting Beans at some point anyways to run the 750 for shits and giggles. And I know your past experience with running 600's, so it's always good to see what they're truly capable of regardless of the results, the same way I wouldn't want to run a BOSS (or any car or bike) with a shitty driver unless they're were shit talking and being a tool.

2SSARME
04-24-2012, 10:27 AM
His 302 runs 9s bro. Your little scooter dont got a chance.

evangto87
04-24-2012, 10:27 AM
fucking 9s 302s.....

thats on a bad day...

evangto87
04-24-2012, 10:29 AM
His 302 runs 9s bro. Your little scooter dont got a chance.

damn straight... and thats on street tires

evangto87
04-24-2012, 10:30 AM
Haha, fine by me with the mods. You know I've got nothing to prove and don't care about winning or losing. I just like fun runs and I'll be meeting Beans at some point anyways to run the 750 for shits and giggles. And I know your past experience with running 600's, so it's always good to see what they're truly capable of regardless of the results, the same way I wouldn't want to run a BOSS (or any car or bike) with a shitty driver unless they're were shit talking and being a tool.

most riders in my area are like that... most car guys too. As you may have witnessed already in these threads.

evangto87
04-24-2012, 10:37 AM
back to the topic.... H/C f bodies? Anyone? I find it hard to believe theres none around my area.

PewterScreaminMach
04-24-2012, 10:46 AM
most riders in my area are like that... most car guys too. As you may have witnessed already in these threads.

Sounds like Beans is on his way to becoming your local "go to" rider, and it'll be nice to a have a well-ridden 750 for the faster cars to mess with once he's got some seat time and can make the most of the bike.

Anyways, back on topic...

evangto87
04-24-2012, 10:49 AM
Sounds like Beans is on his way to becoming your local "go to" rider, and it'll be nice to a have a well-ridden 750 for the faster cars to mess with once he's got some seat time and can make the most of the bike.

Agreed, hes humble. Which is why i like him. Ill give him the satisfaction of whooping my ass in a race. Maybe he will do some 120- top speed runs with me lmao

punishmentcycle
04-24-2012, 11:04 AM

PSM.. when are u free? we'll both take a ride out to RI. we'll make a good night of it..
Evan, set up some other runs with comparable cars if u can so we can make a good vid of all the runs

quik01ss
04-24-2012, 11:13 AM
I got H/C/I car. :nod:

evangto87
04-24-2012, 11:13 AM
PSM.. when are u free? we'll both take a ride out to RI. we'll make a good night of it..
Evan, set up some other runs with comparable cars if u can so we can make a good vid of all the runs

I can find a run for probably everyone. I think I would probably be your best race. I can find close races for PSM too. Actually this saturday night theres a local "team belligerant" Bike meet on federal hill in providence if you guys are interested

punishmentcycle
04-24-2012, 11:20 AM
ill be in boston sat night.. friday is looking good for me

evangto87
04-24-2012, 11:33 AM

ill be working till midnight... unless u guys wanna meet after that

punishmentcycle
04-24-2012, 12:08 PM
as long as we hit a bar after im in

HioSSilver
04-24-2012, 12:12 PM

I definetly consider my car highly modified....but not the engine. They are 2 different pieces. For example the engine may need different parts for different applications for fitment. So to me headers/intake and some other parts are car specific parts and not much engine specific.
This. Some people may need a replacement engine, that does not mean it's highly modified. My ls6 was just that, a replacement engine......due to catastrophic failure of a missed shift not by me.

PewterScreaminMach
04-24-2012, 01:32 PM

I can find a run for probably everyone. I think I would probably be your best race. I can find close races for PSM too. Actually this saturday night theres a local "team belligerant" Bike meet on federal hill in providence if you guys are interested

ill be working till midnight... unless u guys wanna meet after that

I'm leaving Saturday for some track days at NJMP, so a late meet Friday night or this weekend is out (4.5 hours to get down there and I'll be back late Monday night). I mentioned a possible meet with Beans the following weekend, so let's see if the weather cooperates. I'll run pretty much anything regardless of how badly I'll win or lose, and as long as the person involved is cool.

evangto87
04-24-2012, 01:53 PM
I'm leaving Saturday for some track days at NJMP, so a late meet Friday night or this weekend is out (4.5 hours to get down there and I'll be back late Monday night). I mentioned a possible meet with Beans the following weekend, so let's see if the weather cooperates. I'll run pretty much anything regardless of how badly I'll win or lose, and as long as the person involved is cool.

agreed. Im down for then. I think beans is testing out the new wheels on me tonight... ooo boy

PewterScreaminMach
04-24-2012, 02:27 PM
agreed. Im down for then. I think beans is testing out the new wheels on me tonight... ooo boy

Can't wait for results. You guys gonna have a camera on hand? I'm very curious to see how it goes.

Jared8
04-24-2012, 02:43 PM
I got H/C/I car. :nod:

There ya go lmfao. H/C/I car.

Beans
04-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Can't wait for results. You guys gonna have a camera on hand? I'm very curious to see how it goes.

Wasn't planning on posting any of it, but since Evan did I'll bring my GoPro.

I asked Evan for the race because i want to compare it to my 600. From a 65-70 roll with Evan getting the hit the 600 was dead even until about 120 where he would start walking, and by 135 he was pulling me HARD.

I want to recreate that race with the 750 and see how hard i pull, and Evan is being a good sport and lining up with me in the name of science, lol.

The only thing that sucks is with this damn squid windscreen on the bike i will have to have my head above it to see where i'm going. I can't see 2 feet in front of me at night in a full tuck.

quik01ss
04-24-2012, 05:36 PM
There ya go lmfao. H/C/I car.

Im looked away on.... need more bike to keep up lol

snake95
04-24-2012, 08:58 PM
No, not my point at all. If a car blows a head gasket and has to replace the entire head with a stock replacement part, there is no modification. Unless you consider the number stamp on the head to be a modification. In that case, changing the stock oil and oil filter are as much a modification as repairing something that broke. Exact same head, exact same function. HIO, however, doesn't have a stock part anywhere on that car! Maybe the driveshaft! :jest: Other than that, there is a list a mile long of what didn't come on the car and a list 2 to 3 inches long of what did.

Unless someone can name me some significant mechanical parts on HIO's car that are still stock? I can't think of much that he hasn't modified.

I think the same way you do. He likes to bullshit just so he can say his car is "stock".

Heater
04-24-2012, 09:06 PM
I think the same way you do. He likes to bullshit just so he can say his car is "stock".

+1 Werd