Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Speed density?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Speed density?

I posted this in the conversions and hybrids section and didn't get too much response. I have a bone stock 4.8 and a pair of t70's. I haven't bought injectors yet but I am looking at 80#. I downloaded HPT 2Bar SD and am wondering if when I install my turbo setup can I run and drive around on this tune until I can take it to a dyno tuner? Does any one have a tune they could let me try out? I looked at the repositor on the HPT site and didn't fine anything close.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts

yeah you can. As long as you stay out of boost, obviously. I switched from a stock map/maf and stock fuel system to 2bar SD, E85 and 80lb injectors and just had my tuner upload a base tune so i could start it and check for leaks before i bring it to him. The most 'driving' it will see is around the block just to make sure the brakes are bled enough. dont expect it to run well though
Old 04-25-2012, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have no real experience tuning and I don't wanna blow things up.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:31 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

As stated in another thread asking the same question and also answered in the post above.

You will be able to drive as long as you never see boost. Just drive sensibly and normally but make sure mixtures are within reason so it isnt dumping fuel in like ****.

But if it is a tune intended for your base engine and all sensors are calibrated correctly then it will be ok to take it easy to get it tuned.

Quick Reply: Speed density?