LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Code 44, possible fixes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code 44, possible fixes?

So my 93 z282 was running perfect, brand new 383 stroker, brand new everything including 02 sensors fuel pump injectors ect, basically everything that could be related to the 44 code (lean exhaust detected). Somebody pissed in my gastank, I siphoned all the gas out and put fresh premium in. The car runs and drives in closed loop, when you just start it up and it's not warm yet. As soon as the car gets warm after driving a few blocks it will barely stay running, and as soon as I press the gas it shuts down.

What should I look at replacing? It seems like the 02 sensors since they kick in after the car warms up, I'm wondering if they went bad after the car was burning up all the bad gas. I haven't checked fuel pressure yet, but the pump primes and runs, and the car seems to run decently before it warms up.

What things should I look into, and is there any way to salvage the 02 sensors or would they pretty much be bad if they're bad? Really sucks since I just dropped $80 on brand new 02's with maybe 200 miles on them.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Start small. Get a can of carb cleaner and spray it around the engine to see if it's being sucked in anywhere. Heads, intake, exhaust, etc. Maybe someone did a shitty job welding the O2 bungs to it and it popped off. That happened to someone else on here. And we already went over it with you, a little pis in your gas, just like sugar, isn't gonna send your car to the graveyard. If it did, I would have an empty bladder after drinking a lot of black coffee and there would be a few fcked up cars at my apt. complex.

If you want to kill a car with pis, you have to add quite a bit. Not one bladderful for a half tank. You'd have to pour in like a full gallon of urine.

Last edited by DisasterFormula; 04-26-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Launching!

I understand that lol but it may not have been JUST **** that was poured into my gas tank. The car was perfect and hasn't been driven at all, so whatever is happening is a direct result of what went into my tank.

I'm not here to talk about that, please. It's throwing code 44 and I just need to know the things I should be looking into to fix the problem. I'm suspecting the 02's are ruined, but I would like to know all the possible things that could cause my problem. I can't even drive the car up the block..

Btw the first time I drove it after the incident the tank was almost empty, so there must have been quite a bit of **** to gas ratio going on. But I'm almost positive **** isn't the only thing that was put into the tank.

I've looked over everything from the outside, and everything looks fine. Literally 99% of everything on the car is brand new and was just put on within 100 miles.. LT ceramic headers walbro 255 fuel pump 39# injectors brand new GM 02 sensors brand new full stainless exhaust brand new motor brand new fuel pressure regulator brand new MSD opti MSD wires NGK plugs MSD coil K&N CAI trickflow ceramic elbow even the ECM is new with a new chip/tune just done... I MEAN EVERYTHING is new, much more than I've listed.

Last edited by 93z383; 04-26-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Unhook a O2 if u want to drive it in open loop. Then scan some realtime data...without a scan u are just throwing parts at it. (Parts Till It Starts), can be expensive! Temp sensor there are 2 of them, 1 for the guage and 1 for the computer. IAC, MAP sensor. MAF...i would look at the 02 sensors....are the o2 sensor heaters working properlly? Scan it!

Quick Reply: Code 44, possible fixes?