Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

egr removlal HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 07:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default egr removlal HELP!!!

I am installing a new ls6 intake on my 98 and need to get rid of the egr system. I know to make a plate for the header but what about the bracket that bolts onto the head on the passenger side? DO i leave this off or what, on ls1howto it says to remove th egr harness? I need to know what to do, so i can get back on the road. thanks
Old 03-28-2004, 07:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2001zz
I am installing a new ls6 intake on my 98 and need to get rid of the egr system. I know to make a plate for the header but what about the bracket that bolts onto the head on the passenger side? DO i leave this off or what, on ls1howto it says to remove th egr harness? I need to know what to do, so i can get back on the road. thanks
undo where it bolts to the header and put a cover plate on. unbolt the bracket where the EGR bolts to the head and remove the assembly. Removing the harness I guess means just unplugging the wires hooked to the EGR.

You'll need to program the EGR out of the car (with LS1edit) or you will have a constant SES light.

Good luck
Old 03-28-2004, 07:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2001zz
yea, just take the bolts out and remove it. I actually cut off the plate from the tube and had a muffler shop fill the hole with a weld and bolt it back onto the header as a block off plate. You will throw a code and you SES ligght will stay on until you get it deleted.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:20 PM
Launching!

so i dont have to put the bracket back on the head? thanks for the response
Old 03-28-2004, 07:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Since you have the LS6 intake, the only plug you have to have is the one on the passenger ex manifold.

Unbolt and remove the EGR/brackets from the car and zip tie the now unused electrical connector [aka harness] so it is out of the way.