Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you think???

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 07:54 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think???

I never had any tranny issues before today. Anyway, we had a private track rental and I never hot lapped the car before today. I never even thought about it to be honest. Anyway first 2 passes were good, tranny shifted perfect the third trip around it hit the limiter. I backed off the gas and hit it and it shifted. I let the car cool down for about an hour and took it back out. It shifted into third but the was a delay. I let the car sit for 30 minutes then ran it again. It would not shift into third. I pedaled it a few times but no go. I put it on the trailer on brought it home. I thought it may have been programming of the computer which was recently done. After dinner I decided to chech the tranny fluid level, it was full and the fluid was pink, but when I smelled it, it smelt a little burnt. I am assuming this happened from hot lapping the car. Now if I get the fluid changed will it be a temporary fix for a while or are the clutch packs gone and need replaced? I have read about people using Type F fluid, what are your thoughts???
Old 03-31-2004, 10:39 AM
jfm
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark,I read where some have had good results with the F type fluid and extended the life of the trans a bit longer.

When was the last filter change? If you drop the pan and change the filter you only get 4 quarts out,I don't know if it would be worth adding 4 quarts of type F fluid but you would get to see what is inside the pan.

BTW,to me it sounds like the 3-4 clutch packs could be gone.