Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of doing TSP TD&LT's....questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of doing TSP TD&LT's....questions

Okay, i boguth my 02 SS with a corsa system on it. too quiet for me. i have emisiions here, OBD-2, i have 2 years until my next test so now is the time.

I want to pair pacesetter LT race styles wit hthe true duals. It says it does not have EGR provisions, do the 02's even have EGR?

also will my air system be messed up? Iknow i will be deleted my cats, so i will be smog illegal, will a mailorder tune from FROST be able to be enough to delete the codes and keep it running smoothly?

i have ahandheld tuner, would he be able to send me the tune to be used on that software? it is a flashpaq

since ill be dumped before the axle, how much ground clearance will i be losing?

thanks guys!
Old 05-12-2012, 07:14 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by WindyCitySuperSport
Okay, i boguth my 02 SS with a corsa system on it. too quiet for me. i have emisiions here, OBD-2, i have 2 years until my next test so now is the time.

I want to pair pacesetter LT race styles wit hthe true duals. It says it does not have EGR provisions, do the 02's even have EGR?
No

also will my air system be messed up? Iknow i will be deleted my cats, so i will be smog illegal, will a mailorder tune from FROST be able to be enough to delete the codes and keep it running smoothly?

Delete the AIR. Frost tune will keep the codes out and let you pass OBDII

i have ahandheld tuner, would he be able to send me the tune to be used on that software? it is a flashpaq
Get with him and see if he supports that particular handheld

since ill be dumped before the axle, how much ground clearance will i be losing?

thanks guys!
Look in the true dual sticky. It all varies with how much time you're willing to spend setting them up.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

01/02's did not have EGR but they did have AIR, also I'm sure Frost could turn the system off and handle all of the other things that you mentioned as well. If you're at stock ride height I don't think that the dumps are going to effect your clearence very much if you set them up properly.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Staging Lane

wow! thanks a lot guys. ya im going to find a buddy with a lift or jsut have to have a shop do it
Old 05-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Staging Lane

to go about deleting the AIR... jsut simply disconnect it and tape it off?
Old 05-12-2012, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

From my understanding, you will either have to literally yank it out of there and get block off plates for the headers or have a tuner turn the system off completley