Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please give me some input ASAP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 08:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please give me some input ASAP!!!

I am currently looking at buying a car from someone on tech. He is saying the car will crank up with decent oil pressure then loose the pressure and drop down to 0.
He said he put a new oil pump on it but when it looses the oil pressure you can hear some valve train noise. He put a thread up on here
( https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-pressure.html )
He is getting alot of people saying the pick up tube o-ring. He said he pulled everything down and looked and the oring was in good shape no tears or rips and put it back together not replacing the oring. Does this sound like a actual oring or could it possibly be cam bearings? I am pretty sure I am going to pick the car up here soon just would like to know what I am getting into before I actually get into it. Also if it is cam bearings (this may be a RERE question butttt) is there any way to replace them with the engine in the car? I am figuring if it is the cam bearings I am going ahead and planning a new cam aswell.
Some one please please PLEASE help me with this!!!

I have also read that it may be the oil relief stuck open, if that was the case wouldnt it have no oil pressure even from the start up?
Old 05-12-2012, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may be getting into a whole engine rebuild, depending on how much metal has went thru the engine and how long it was run with the low oil pressure. My car didnt run that long, Drove it for 1000 miles and then oil pressure started dropping at high rpms