Fueling & Injection - OEM Fuel Line

View Full Version : OEM Fuel Line

DeadOnWS6
05-14-2012, 09:24 PM
I am looking for an OEM fuel line. It is a hard plastic line, it is the feed line from the fuel pump to the fuel filter. When I was dropping my tank it got caught and now has a kink in it. I have checked a couple of auto parts stores and local dealerships, but have not been able to find anything. The dealerships have told me that those lines are obsolete now. I plan to go looking at the local junkyards this weekend, but f-bodys are few and far between in the junkyards around me.

Does anyone know where I could find one of these lines? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ollie8974
05-15-2012, 03:49 PM
Dorman Products offers the nylon fuel line repair kits.

Green3spd
05-16-2012, 02:28 PM
this is LITERALLY exactly what happened to me a couple nights ago...Im gonna check into that repair kit.

DeadOnWS6
05-17-2012, 07:16 PM
Well, I took the line to the local carquest. They had a repair kit there and fixed the line for me right on the spot. They cut out the kink and put a union in the line then put crimp clamps on each side. It cost like $6 and took a whole minute to do. They told me this is what they commonly do as well as what the dealerships do.

It is on there is extremely tight, I don't think that it will cause any problems.