Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Passenger side headlight problems!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 11:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger side headlight problems!

My passenger side headlight had just quit working the other day. I have already done the bcm fix, the running light works low beams an high beams are out.,but when you turn the headlight switch on it drops power to the harness. Im thinking it's the ground cause when I turn the headlight switch the harness looses power . Which wire is ground on the passenger headlight harness? I'm trying to fix it tonight thanks.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:18 PM
10 Second Club

if i remember right the wiring to the headlights is rather tricky. they only get a positve feed and i believe the ground is controlled through the relay in the fuse box under the hood on pass side. there is also a large resistor mounted on the frame rail behind the front bumper that is somehow tied in with the wiring. it is what cuts voltage to the low beams during the day to give you daytime running lamps.

also be sure and check the switch inside on the dash and make sure it is in the auto position or the on position. i know it sounds simple but i have seen people forget the lights can be turned completly off since they normally work automaticly
Old 05-15-2012, 01:21 PM
10 Second Club

here is a pick of that resistor.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:30 PM
10 Second Club

i did some quick looking on ls1gto and found this. i remembered it from when i did my hid upgrade. if you need help with reading the schematic or following a circut just ask.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for all that. So each headlight has it's own fuse and relay right? My daytime lights work until I switch the lights on then nothing works but the parking light on the passenger light. Light is good I plugged it into the driver side to test.
Old 09-26-2020, 12:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by youngbuck
Thanks for all that. So each headlight has it's own fuse and relay right? My daytime lights work until I switch the lights on then nothing works but the parking light on the passenger light. Light is good I plugged it into the driver side to test.
I know this is old but did we find a solution? Cause I’m having the same issue now
Old 09-27-2020, 02:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Check the lighting pdf... It should be easy to fix.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bf4xvfch6...a/Uploads?dl=0

Quick Reply: Passenger side headlight problems!